Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I prefer Holly, Lily and just Ivy, however, a friend has a little girl name Ivee, which is another option. If it were me though, I'd just go with the original spelling to save a lot of trouble in the future of needing to spell I-V-I-E for everyone.

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

I don't consider any of those -ie spellings legitimate, though "legitimate" is hard to define. If a child spelled "Hollie" or "Lillie" or "Ivey" on a spelling test instead of "ivy," "lily," and "holly," they'd fail. That just isn't how those words are spelled. I think changing the spellings when they're used as names just makes things confusing for everyone.

Not in my opinion.

Ivey is definitely legitimate. There is a university near me that uses this name for one of their business programs - though it is named after Richard Ivey so it is a last name.

I like it!

xo Viv
    Mama bear to Rigby Harrison, Miller Thomas, Wren Charlotte Amity & Eloise Cleo Bellamy

Ivie defineily not - Ivey as a surname, yes, but I would keep it Ivy.