Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; January 17th, 2014 at 05:35 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Coming up with names is not my forte, so I can't help with that, but I had to say that I love all of your suggested girls' names except Belen, Mar, and Beatrice (I know that's a popular one, but I've never liked it). My favorites are Iria (gorgeous!!), Dalia, and Helena. Oh, and I forgot Tess -- love that name! Of pp's suggestions, Aularia stands out to me. I'm not exactly sure how to pronounce it accurately (I would say au-LAH-ria), but it reminds me of Aurelia and Aurora which are favorites of mine.

For boys, my favorite that you mentioned is Xavi. Yes, people will probably mispronounce it at first, but after correcting them, they'll say it right and it's such a cute name for a baby that also transfers well to an adult.

Thanks, everyone! Flick - your census cite from 1510 (!) is amazing, though I can't imagine actually naming my son any of those names!

I like Tess Marina too. If we were having girl twins, this would be a lot easier!

Saracita -- THANK YOU for that cite. We haven't seen such a comprehensive list of Catalan names in our own searches, including a list sent by his Catalan aunt.

It's nice to get some positive feedback for Xavi, despite the translation/pronunciation problems. My husband has liked that name for a long time.

I really appreciate all the input so far. Thanks!

I think you have several good options here. Tess is lovely on its own or as a nn for Teresa. I like Beatrice, Helena, Mira, Marina, Alba, and Dalia too. For a boy, I think Sandro or Louis are your best options because of pronunciation issues. Here are some possible fn/mn combinations:

Tess Marina
    Beatrice Mar
    Marina Tess
    Helena Dalia
    Beatrice Iria
    Tess Belen
    Mira Beatrice

Sandro Ferran
    Louis Herold
    Xavi Ferran
    Louis Galceran
    Xavi Herold
    Sandro Louis

Quote Originally Posted by ericat53 View Post
    Thanks, everyone! Flick - your census cite from 1510 (!) is amazing, though I can't imagine actually naming my son any of those names!

I like Tess Marina too. If we were having girl twins, this would be a lot easier!

Saracita -- THANK YOU for that cite. We haven't seen such a comprehensive list of Catalan names in our own searches, including a list sent by his Catalan aunt.

It's nice to get some positive feedback for Xavi, despite the translation/pronunciation problems. My husband has liked that name for a long time.

I really appreciate all the input so far. Thanks!
    Their definitely more over the top, lol - the only one I could imagine working would be Jacen and people would assume it was a trendy version of Jason. D: