Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    Completely usable. In fact, it's pretty common among Hispanics. I know three personally.
    I was just going to say this. I grew up with a few of them. I think it's a great name. Religious or not, it's a good name, and the biblical Moses was a cool guy, wasn't he? Wasn't he the baby raised by the Egyptians, who later freed the Jews? And parted the Red Sea? Yeah, he sounds awesome!
    Considering...
    Annika, Artemis, Bianca, Cassandra, Catherine, Evadne, Felicity, Gwendolen, Isabeau, Isadora, Juniper,
    Lorelei, Lyra, Octavia, Pandora, Petra, Sunniva, Thisbe, Thora

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian, Conrad, Damian, Desmond, Evander, Everett, Ezra, Griffin, Gwydion, Malachi,
    Peregrine, Phineas, Theodore

click for my name lists
    our furbabies: Sebastian and Oleander

Plenty of them in my family tree, but I'm Jewish. I like it.

I vastly prefer the NN Moss to the NN Moe.

It's not my favourite Biblical M name - I love Malachi, Mordecai, and Micah - but it's not bad.

I've never known a non-Jewish *Moshe* or Moishe, but I've known non-Jewish guys named Moses, absolutely.

I love Amos more, though. I would call an Amos Moss for short too - they have that in common for me. I don't like Abel.

I love Moses. It's on my list and I would definitely use it for a boy if I decided to go biblical with my children's names. I am a Christian so I obviously wouldn't mind if this was anyone's first thought on hearing the name, although I don't really see how it's any more biblical than Noah is.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan