Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What are your thoughts about Moses?

When you think of the name Moses, what is your first thought? I actually really like it, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to use it. My top three boy name list right now is Moses, Abel, and Amos. So, what are your thoughts?

I really like it, but it's just too biblical for me (I don't think of myself as Atheist, yet I don't have traditional Christian beliefs). I would automatically assume he was from a very Christian family.

Amos is actually growing on me a lot, and Abel isn't one I've thought about much, but I do like it. Because they're lesser-known biblical names, I would be more comfortable using them personally.
    Jemima Rosemary - Eilidh Briar - Fenella Beatrix ✿ Alec Huw - Emmett Nicholas - Rufus Caspian
    Billie, Magdalena, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Agnes, Imogen, Amelia, Medora, Lettice, Annabella.
    Dylan, Breccan, Rhett, Oscar, Ingram, Harrison, William, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton.

✿✿✿

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/

The Biblical image I get from it is simply overpowering for me, as a now lapsed Catholic. Similar names to the three you list:
    Absalom
    Ezra
    Amador
    Ambrose
    Amedee
    Amias
    Aramis
    Amram
    Amun
    Eamon
    Evan
    Oswin
    Osee

I'm a fan. I think it would carry well into adulthood, and though I like Abel and Amos, both carry some negative connotations for me. Not so much that I think they shouldn't be used, but Abel was murdered, and Amos makes me think of the very racist radio show "Amos and Andy."

I've loved Moses for the longest time. I know of a new baby named Moses.
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Denver : Maleficent : Tigerlily : Wednesday
    ♂ Brooklyn : Clyde: : Disney : Elias : Galilee : Juniper