Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    That really stinks about the name stealing! I would recommend using something similar to Lucy, such as:

Lucille
    Lucia
    Lucienne
    Luciana
    Luca
    Lucinda
    Lucretia

As for the middle name, Antoinette, perhaps you could use a name that sounds somewhat similar?

Annette
    Antonia
    Antonella

As for your other list, maybe some of the names just need a little tweak?

Cora - Cara, Coral, Corabelle
    Delilah - Delia, Della, Delphine
    Rosalie - Rosalind, Rosamund, Rosemary
    Arabella - Aria, Annabell(e/a), Ariel

I hope I helped! Best of luck in naming your little girl!
    Girls: Jana | Hollis | Mae | Diana | Cassandra | Della | Julia | Lia | Amy | Willa | Lucienne

Boys: Leland | Reilly | Josiah | Isaiah | Leo | Liam | Gabriel | Eli | Jeremy | Philip | Harrison

It's always been known that you would use Antoinette, so still use it. This story breaks my heart a little, but Antoinette isn't owned by anyone.

Unfortunate coincidence about Lucy. My husband and I had our hypothetical children's names--Poppy and James. Now that we're having a little girl, we don't want to use Poppy anymore after years of tossing it around (okay, mainly bc I paired it with our last name and realized that it wasn't a good fit). It's fun exploring new names together, but it was hard to let Poppy go. We've decided that in the future we might name the family pet Poppy so I can still get my name.

From your list I really like Cora--we're considering that for our 2nd daughter.
    Proud Mama to Serena Genevieve
    Expecting Twin Boys Summer 2014

Girls: Poppy, Georgiana, Claudia, Franny, Brighton
    Boys:James, August, River, Leo, Weston, Dylan, Cal, Harrison, Beck

Wow, thank you for all the fast replies!

I've actually talked to my brother about it and he said Luci isn't comfortable with our daughters having the same middle name. She says she was her little girl to be unique. And he also said "at least Grandma is being honored, so I don't see the problem."
    My mother was furious about the name theft, though, and she makes it known.

I just think Antoinette will always been in the back of my mind, and as much as I don't wanna give it up, I also don't wanna cause tension between the family.

As for what we like about Lucy, my husband and I love the style and also the sweet sound. We both love girly, feminine names.
    We really like the suggestions of Eliza, Elodie, Ivy, Jane, and Mabel!

Thank you all for all your compassion, too
    Georgia, wife to Harrison. Happily married June 6, 2010-present
    Officially pregnant with baby #1, a little girl! Due September 20th, 2012
    Mommie to Sumo the English Bulldog

if they knew about your wish to use the name Antoinette, then they knew about the risk of giving the same middle name and it was obviously a risk they were willing to take, so i would also urge you to keep the name.

However, do have a look around, maybe you will come across something you like better! Your mum's name perhaps?

in stead of Lucy, i really like Lydie or Sylvie!

Or how about Vera in stead of Cora (love Vera!)
    Or Jemima in stead of Delilah, nn Jem/Jemmy is very sweet!
    Or Coralie in stead of Cora and Rosalie.

Okay, I'm sorry, but if your sister-in-law wanted her daughter's name to be so "unique" then she should have used a name from her side of the family and not your grandmother's name. I don't care how much tension it would cause, if I wanted use my grandmother's name, I certainly wouldn't want let someone else (especially a non-blood relative who has less right to the name in the first place), stop me. Please do not let this woman bully you. If you let her dictate your actions on this, then you'll be setting the stage for a pattern that could go on for the rest of your relationship. She didn't take your feelings into account when she named her daughter, so I don't see why you should have consider her feelings when naming yours.

Sorry if that was a bit rantish. I'm just shocked that somebody would have the gall to tell somebody else that they couldn't use their grandparent's name. That is just really beyond rude and disrespectful.