Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Love Tess as a nickname but not Theresa

What other names can have the nickname Tess. I don't like Theresa as it seems too religious to me?
    Love the nickname Tess or Tessa. Ideas?

Have you done a name berry search for this topic? I swear there was just recently a thread about this. I don't think you need a full name for Tess personally. It seems like a full name to me, just short and sweet.
    Mom to Seth Andrew and Madeline Frances

Other current favorites (girls): Rosemary, Elizabeth, Tessa, Susanna, Katherine; (boys): Noel, Spencer, Patrick, Rory, Alexander

Me, too! Well, Theresa doesn't seem too religious for me (there are relatively few names I feel that way about!), but it does feel a bit too old-fashioned for me. I like just Tessa/Tess, but if you want a longer form, what about Esther or Elisabeth? I've heard of people using those with the nn Tess(a), or even Contessa or Quintessa. Elisabeth nn Tess is my favorite option atm--it's a consideration for my own short list.

Good luck!

I love Tess too, and I think it's perfectly fine to use in its own!! I'm loving Tess Evangeline and Tess Magdalena at the moment
    Alice, Cecilia, Cora, Eve, Georgia, Iris, Johanna, Phoebe, Rose, Sylvie, Tess, Violet
    Calvin, Dexter, Felix, Graham, Hugo, Leo, Louis, Miles, Oscar, Paul, Simon, Walter

My cousin is Tessa, and we call her Tess from time to time.
    Laurel - 21 - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto