Results 11 to 14 of 14
June 7th, 2012 12:40 PM #11Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
1. Adrian- I don't mind this name but it isn't my favorite either. I picture a little mischievous kid.
2. Arthur- I think this is sweet and would love to meet a little Arthur. Good nn potential and a nice full name to grow into.
3. Callum...or Callan- Callum is growing on me. I am not sure how I feel about Callan. I dislike the nn Cal.
4. Declan- Cute!
5. Edwin- I like this one too! I feel like it has good nn potential
6. Gideon- I have always strongly disliked this name. It just rubs me the wrong way somehow.
7. Glen- I find it a bit dated but quite sweet all the same.
8. Henry- I like this one a lot too!Mama to twin boys Oliver Graham and Luke Axel
June 7th, 2012 07:14 PM #13
First of all, I want to comment on Glen. When I was growing up, it was a well-respected name... popular, but not overdone at all. I always liked the name, but it never stood out to me as a name that I might name a son someday. Fast forward to my first pregnancy... for our son's middle name, my husband asked that we use his father's mn, Glen I loved the idea. It's a name that flows well with many names. I like the simplicity of Glen, yet - for a one-syllable name- I find it to be rich and substantial-sounding. The hard G, followed by L, feels very masculine to me, and the name enhances my son's first name very well, imo. At home, I often call my son "Daniel Glen," because it just flows so smoothly, and the combination sounds very strong and manly to my ears.
1. Adrian - I've always like this name!
2. Arthur - I view it as a bit too old-fashioned. It reminds me of an older gentleman smoking a cigar.
3. Callum...or Callan - Not my style
4. Declan - I have not warmed up yet to this one.
5. Edwin - I like Edwin quite a lot... almost as much as Edward.
6. Gideon - It's okay. I think it would make a better middle name. I can see a Gideon being called "Giddy," which is not flattering.
7. Glen - As noted above - LOVE IT
8. Henry - I like Henry, but it does not dazzle me.
In summary, my favorites from your list are Glen, Adrian, and Edwin.
Last edited by everwaiteing; June 7th, 2012 at 07:19 PM.Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)
June 7th, 2012 07:48 PM #15
I see that you are also asking for mn ideas and other suggestions:
If you're still considering Glen as a fn, what about...
Glen ThomasMother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane... all middle names honor family... 3rd generation mn Jane. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve and a third boy, maybe Isaac...)
June 9th, 2012 08:53 AM #17Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Ontario, Canada
Thank-you for your suggestions everwaiteing! And for standing up for Glen! I don't know if I'll ever use it, but it's been on my list for quite a long time, and I really do like it a lot!!
Also, your childrens' names are lovely.