Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I need help choosing a name that would honor my grandmother! Please Help!

My grandmother passed away a year ago from alzhemier's ( a horrible disease). Anyways, I was very close to her and I would like to give my daughter a middle name in her honor. Her name was Alvonie, she went by Bonnie. She had no middle name and her maiden name was Carte. We're naming our daughter Charlotte and I do not really like any of her names. Alvonie could work as a middle name but then her initials would spell CAB. Does anyone any names that are similar to one of the three? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Since she went by Bonnie, you could try a middle name with the "bon" sound:
    Abonee
    Abony
    Boni
    Bonie
    Bonita
    Bonne
    Bonnee
    Bonnibel
    Bonny
    Bonté
    Ebboney
    Ebbony
    Ebone
    Ebonea
    Eboney
    Ebonie
    Ebonique
    Ebonnee

Names similar to Alvonie that don't start with A:
    Evony
    Evonia

Bonnie means "beautiful and cheerful". Names that mean the same thing:
    Alana
    Alanna
    Amara
    Anahi
    Arabella
    Belinda
    Bella
    Belle
    Bonita
    Calla
    Callista
    Hermosa
    Hilary
    Felicity
    Ilona
    Jamilla
    Jolie
    Linda
    Mei
    Mirabella
    Naava
    Ramana
    Rosalind
    Shaina
    Shakila
    Vashti
    Venus
    Zaina
    Georgia Elizabeth
    Clara Penelope, Madeline Juliet, Lily Sailor, Annabelle Cosette, Bridget Dorothy, Charlotte Rose, Paige Virginia & Jude Gabriel, Henry Theodore, Rory Desmond, Luke Holden, Christian Alex, Aaron Quincy, Cody William

What about Charlotte Ebony? It has the sound of Bonnie while still being a bit more youthful. I've heard Ebony can be a quite charged name, racially, but I think Charlotte Ebony is very sweet.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Charlotte Ivona B_______
    Charlotte Ivonne B______
    Charlotte Yvonne B______
    Charlotte Von B_____
    Charlotte Elowen B_____
    Charlotte Von Carte B________
    Charlotte Lavinia B______
    Charlotte Livana / Livona B________
    Charlotte Veronica B______ (I knew a Veronica that went by Vonnie, so maybe this would work as a stretch)
    Charlotte Valonia B______ (Alvonie's letters are mostly there)

I would have suggested Alba or Alva, but they are A-names. Maybe Charlotte Rosalba would work too. Or Charlotte Avalon (Alvonie is sort of in there).

EDIT: I did want to say that for me, Charlotte works to honor the Carte part of your grandmother's name. It just seems like an elaboration.
    Last edited by teacherma; June 6th, 2012 at 01:51 PM.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

You could use a name made from the letters in Alvonie. A few ideas:

Iona
    Olive
    Nova
    Lane/Laine
    Eva
    Nola
    Aveline (switched out the 'o' for an 'e', but it's still darn close!)