Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

uh oh.. changed our minds - Lilou/Viola

Hi again everyone thanks so much for your previous help,
    W thought we had baby girls name set as Lilou Olive but recently stumbled across Viola (again) through Twelfth Night by Shakespeare.... which is one of my favourites and DH and I recently saw a production of it. What do you think of Viola? Viola Lilou, Lilou Viola/ Viola Olive??

What do you think of it as a sister for Scarlett, Elsie, Felix, Arlo and Moses? Is the Scarlett and Violet thing too similar to use?
    What do you think???

Thanks

also how would you pronouce it? Aussie berrys especially...

I love all three names Lilou, Viola and Olive. I also love how they all repeat l's o's and v's. Gorgeous. You wouldn't consider two middle names?

Viola Lilou Olive ?

If you really only want two names, I'd choose your original Lilou Olive. Or maybe Lilou Viola. Or Viola Olive That's a pretty tricky decision!

imogeneve - we would prefer 2 names as that is what all the other kids have but because she will probably be our last we may change that... I am also finding it hard to choose which combo...

also what about Lula?

I think Viola will age better than Lilou, though I do love Lilou.

misshoppy - thanks, most of our family agrees that Lilou wont age well, but I dislike the idea that some names don't fit 'old people', well if everyone has this point of view then no new names will come about... anyway in my kids generation there will be children unfortunately named Nevaeh and Renesmae (sp?) so I don't really mind that it doesn't fit expectations of an adult name
    thanks though