Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Does anyone know the correct pronunciation?

When looking at pronunciation guides on different sites for the name Saoirse I've seen the key say it is pronounced SARE-shuh or SEER-shuh and SIR-shuh so does anyone know which one is the correct pronunciation? Or are all of them viable, correct options?

Personally I like the pronunciation SEER-shuh best, followed by SARE-shuh but I'd like to know if one of them is considered more correct.

SEER-shuh/SEER-sha is correct
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

The only girls named Saoirse I know are Irish, and say it either 'see-uh-sha' or 'sur-sha' depending on where they're form.
    It only sounds good with an Irish accent, in my opinion.
    close to my heart ★ Billie Cordelia - Jemima Eilidh - May Margaret - Estella Agnes - Jessamine Martha
    Emmett Jack - Alec Huw - Wilfred Nicholas - Rufus Kielder - Harrison Tadhg - Robert Fox - Wes Oberon

unusable-beautiful; Virginia Eseld & Dolores Eithne . ''She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line'. 'olivia; ''somewhat of an enigma'' (http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/)

SEER-shuh i think.
    Giselle Lydia Chiara Darcy Lowri Cleo Nova Fleur Noelle Giovanna Mathilde Flora Susannah Maia Jude David Rueben Theo Raphael Arthur Lance Vinny Marcus James Rowan Henry Christopher

I have known three Saoirses in my life and they all pronounce it Sare-shuh. You can pronounce it sir or seer but sare is the only correct way.