Results 1 to 10 of 70
Thread: 20 Questions!
June 9th, 2012 11:05 PM #21Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- New York State
1. What are your kid's names? (If you don't have kids, don't answer this one)
Ethan James (b. 1995)
2. What do you consider your naming style?
A combination, but I think I like more classiic names as well as what you might call modern classic - (names that have been most popular since the 20th century but are not made-up). I'm not really into unisex names with a few exceptions. I'm not a big fan of vintage names but there are some that I like. I like names from other cultures and languages, but I would be cautious in using them (depends on the name).
3. What are your top 4 girl's names and what are your top 4 boy's names?
this is hard, but: Anna, Ivy, Annabel, Lily. Ethan, Ciaran, Aidan, Declan.
4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? (You choose the gender, first & middle names)
A girl. Ivy Alexandra.
5. Do you like popular names?
Yes, I have no problem with popularity (see son's name, although it was not as popular when I chose it as it is today.
6. Out of the top 100 of 2011, which 10 boy's are your favorites?
7. Do you like your parent's names? Why or why not?
Francis (Frank) - I have a certain fondness for it. There are Franks going back in my family 3 generations. Probably would only use as a middle name though. (I gave my son my father's middle name).
Diane - not a big fan of it. Not because it's dated - there are some names from that era (she was born in 1938) that I like.
8. What are your parent's names? (First & middle)
9. Out of all your friends who have children, who's kid's names are your favorite?
10. Where were you born?
New York (state).
11. Do you like place names?
A few of them but as a whole not my favorite category of names.
12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose?
Georgia - but I don't count this as a real place name as it was a name first. So aside from that... not sure.... Odessa?
13. How many siblings did you have and what were there names?
2 half-sisters Victoria and Sarah.
14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn't like the name?
only as a middle name, if it were important (such as, my husband had a family name that it was really important to him to use. Never as a first name.
15. Do you like the name Kaitlyn spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K?
Yes. I like Caitlin.
16. How many people do you know with the name Lily?
One. I have a cousin named Lillian and they call her Lili.
17. Who is your favorite singer?
At the moment, I like Adele. But I have many that I like.
18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer?
I would name a child Adele, but it would not be after her. That is just coincidence. i liked the name before I heard of her.
19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site?
Yes, but there are a few others I look it I spend the most time on this because of the forums.
20. How did you discover nameberry?
I read several of the books by the Nameberry founders (Beyond Jennifer and Jason, and another one - can't recall the title). So I came across this website when they started it.Shannon
Some of my Favorite Names:
Girls: Anna, Alexandra, Anastasia, Lily, Ivy, Isla, Catherine, Cerys, Cara, Ciara, Aislinn, Adriana, Adrienne, Ariana, Alison. Genevieve, Alexa, Fiona, Annabel, Amabel. Angela, Noelle, Amanda, Amelie, Victoria, Sara, Vivienne. Tabitha, Adela, Sylvie
Boys: Ethan, Nicholas, Aidan, Ciaran, Ian, Liam, Ryan, Justin, John, Cian, Evan, Noah, Brendan, Alexander, Thomas, David, Stephen, Declan, Finn, Flynn.