Results 1 to 10 of 70
Thread: 20 Questions!
June 5th, 2012 02:01 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
Let's get to know each other better!
Answer these 20 random questions, some about names/naming styles and choices, and others which barely xonnect to naming/names. Hope everyone enjoys, this game might help when trying to help another member come up with a name!!
1. What are your kid's names? (If you don't have kids, don't answer this one)
2. What do you consider your naming style?
3. What are your top 4 girl's names and what are your top 4 boy's names?
4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? (You choose the gender, first & middle names)
5. Do you like popular names?
6. Out of the top 100 of 2011, which 10 boy's are your favorites?
7. Do you like your parent's names? Why or why not?
8. What are your parent's names? (First & middle)
9. Out of all your friends who have children, who's kid's names are your favorite?
10. Where were you born?
11. Do you like place names?
12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose?
13. How many siblings did you have and what were there names?
14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn't like the name?
15. Do you like the name Kaitlyn spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K?
16. How many people do you know with the name Lily?
17. Who is your favorite singer?
18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer?
19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site?
20. How did you discover nameberry?
1. Elijah Chase Beck *Eli*
2. Um, not sure. My naming style is a bit all over the place!
3. Look at my signature!
4. For a girl, Lauryn Anabel, for a boy, Niall Henry
5. It depends!
6. I live in Canada, so this is going by Canadian names: Noah, Henry, Isaac, Max & Evan
7. Yes, my parent's names are ok. Not exactly what I would name my kids, my style is a bit different.
8. Arthur Paul *Art* & Peggy Joy *Joy*
9. I really like my former teacher's daughter's name, Yara!
11. Not usually, but some of them are ok. It depends on the name, and gender.
12. Cairo, for a girl.
13. No siblings!
14. No, I wouldn't directly use the name if I didn't like it. If my mother's name was Elizabeth, and I wanted to name my child after her, but I didn't like her name I would use another name with the same meaning or similar sound, or a variation of the name.
15. No, I like it with a K.
16. None, actually!
17. I like a variety of music, and at 19 I love One Direction!
18. Maybe. I would have to really like the singer/there music, and they would have to be a good role model.
20. I heard about it through other naming websites.* Ezra Kingston * Jesse Brock *
* Natalie Marisol * Virginia Greer * Clarissa Tess *
June 5th, 2012 04:12 PM #3
2. Not sure, it's all over the place.
3. See my signature for top girls names. My top boy names might have to be: Fabian, Everest, Lucien and Felix.
4. Delilah Celeste
5. Depends on the name
6. I'm from the UK but I prefer the US top 100 so I'm working with that: Nathaniel, Sebastian, Caleb, Gabriel, Lucas, Angel, Oliver, Grayson. I don't like any more of them enough to fill this list. Maybe Dominic or Xavier.
7. I like both their names, they are both rare and have history.
8. They are both rare names so I'm not saying.
10. At home.
12. For a boy, I like Cairo. For a girl, I like Adah.
13. Not saying.
14. I'd look for a variant I liked of the name.
16. No adults but loads of babies called Lily. Can't keep up with them.
17. I like a variety of music, and at 15 I love Pendulum!
18. Agree with OP's answer.
19. I think so.
20. Don't remember.Delilah Celeste ∥ Aveline Ruth ∥ Winter Fay ≶ Silas Alaric ∥ Fabian Seth ∥ Lucian Ezra
Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.
June 5th, 2012 04:35 PM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
1. No kids yet
2. Funky clunky, quirky Biblical, old-fashioned, classic... somewhere along those lines
3. Right now... Helena, Cora, Annie, and Martha for girls and George, Zebedee, Ezra, and Jotham for boys
4. Ezra Hamilton
5. Some of them
6. Joshua, James, Benjamin, Joseph, Jackson, Caleb, Isaac, Luke, Charles, Nathaniel
7. They both sound dated to me, lol
8. Don't want to say
9. I only have two friends who've had babies. One is Dante Nathaniel, the other is Matthew James. I'm neutral on both.
11. If they have significance to the parents.
12. Pike for a boy, Carolina for a girl
13. 1 sister named Sarah
16. 4 or 5, but I hear the name Lily all the time
17. Depends on the genre
19. It's the one I visit most often
20. I googled "old lady names" after being told on Y!A that my favorite names sounded like the patient list of a nursing home
June 5th, 2012 04:47 PM #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Ontario, Canada
1. No kids yet!
2. Mostly vintage/classic, with a few quirky favourites mixed in.
3. This is hard! GIRLS: Vera, Matilda, Calla, Cecelia, (and I can't resist a 5th!) Norah...and BOYS: Declan, Edwin, Callum and Adrian.
4. GIRL: Matilda Elise or Vera Adalaide BOY: Declan Robert
5. Not usually, but often, my favourites BECOME popular and then I have to find new favourites!
6. James, Owen, Isaac, Gavin, Henry, Declan, Callum, Miles, Elliot, Caleb
7. I prefer my parents' middle names to their first names, but I like that their first names aren't super typical either.
8. Elaine Kathryn and Keith James
10. Southern Ontario (Canada)
12. Well, I love Adelaide.
13. 1...Timothy Colin
14. Only in the middle spot. All the middle names I consider are from or related to in some way people I want to honour.
15. This is the only spelling I like: Caitlin
16. None! But I had a great-aunt named Lily, she died as an infant.
17. Too many to list.
20. Searching for a name meaning.
June 5th, 2012 05:47 PM #9
2. Retro vintage I would say. I like names from the 20’s-60’s
3. Girls: Grace, Stella, Everly, Elia Boys: Sam, Ira, Frederick, Keaton
4. Grace Marlene (like Dietrich) nn Gracie
6. Gabriel, Eli, Samuel, Bentley, Grayson (kinda), Mason. I don’t really like any of the others on the list.
7. I like my mom’s but my dad’s name is rather boring to me
8. Debbie Dianne and Cliff Francis
10. US Midwest
11. Love them!
12. Dallas or Tulsa
13. 3 sibs. I’ll just put initials. LN, AF, and AR
14. Nope. I’d like for my kids to be individuals with their own unique name meaning
15. It’s looks better with a K imo
16. One, an aunt
17. Dean Martin
20. Google"Well when you do have a child, leave the birth certificate blank so that later they can fill it in themselves." Gracie Allen
June 5th, 2012 07:05 PM #11
1. What are your kid's names? No kids, but cats named Asher and Midnight.
2. What do you consider your naming style? In general, I like names that aren't super popular, but still recognizable. I like more modern names, and mostly names that are names, not words. I also like names that are specific to each sex, but not overly so (not too girly girl or too macho sounding).
3. What are your top 4 girl's names and what are your top 4 boy's names? Serena, Audrey, Bridget and Lucy for girls. Elliott, Callum, Theodore and Nolan for boys. Changes quite often though :-)
4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? Callum Jude or Audrey Nicole would be my top choices of the moment.
5. Do you like popular names? Yes and no. Most of the names I like aren't overly popular, but some are getting there. I'm becoming more and more open to names being more popular. Top 50 doesn't bother me as much as it used to, but I'm still planning on steering clear of top 10, maybe 20.
6. Out of the top 100 of 2011, which 10 boy's are your favorites? Nolan, Blake, Ian, Connor, Landon, Carter, Logan, Tristan, Caleb, Brandon
7. Do you like your parent's names? Why or why not? My dad's name is David Bruce. I like his first name because it's a pretty solid name that's been decently popular for a long time. It's not dated at all IMO. I don't like Bruce. I jsut don't like the sound of it. My mom's name is Cynthia Louise (Cindy). Cindy is fine. I'm pretty neutral on it. I love Louise because it's after her dad, Louis.
8. What are your parent's names? (First & middle) Oops, already answered.
9. Out of all your friends who have children, who's kid's names are your favorite? I know someone with a Delilah, Teddy (Theodore) and Ruby. LOVE their names. They have another sister too, but I don't know her name.
10. Where were you born? Twin Cities (MN)
11. Do you like place names? Not really TBH.
12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose? Sienna because it's the only place name I've ever really liked, haha.
13. How many siblings did you have and what were there names? 1, Melissa Ann.
14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn't like the name? As a first name, no. I was talking to my FI about this the other day. I would prefer that my kids have their "own" first name. Middle names are up in the air. I probably won't use it if I hate it, but I may consider a version of the name to honor that person if they mean a lot to me.
15. Do you like the name Kaitlyn spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K? You know, I've always had mixed feelings about this. For a while I preferred Katelynn. I don't know why. I've been slowly starting to prefer Caitlin, because now that I've been looking at names more, I'm starting to dislike the alternative spelling trend even more. It sucks when I meet someone and I have to think about how to spell their name because there are SO many spellings (like Caitlin/Kaitlin/Katelyn/Caytlin/etc).
16. How many people do you know with the name Lily? None.
17. Who is your favorite singer? Oh, that's tough. I listen to a LOT of different music. It's way to hard to pick a favorite but if I had to, I'd maybe say Lady Gaga. I like her songs and her craziness, haha.
18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer? No, especially not her haha. I have considered the names of favorite actors/actresses and TV/movie characters. Some of my top names I grew to love because of certain characters. I wouldn't name a kid those names ONLY because of that, but it has a small part in it.
19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site? It's the one I go on most. I like the feel of the board for the most part. I feel like people are honest, but not outright rude or anything. That's how I try to be, so I feel like I fit in. Although some of the Nameberry favorite names I can't stand, so maybe I don't fit in that well ;-) haha.
20. How did you discover nameberry? Honestly, I don't even remember. I think I saw it mentioned on another forum. I saw the lists and articles and thought it was pretty cool. Then I started looking at the forums and well, here I am!Top 10 girl's names: Serena * Audrey * Sienna * Bridget * Lucy * Hazel * Cordelia * Josephine * Claire * Alice
Top 10 boy's names: Elliott * Callum * Theodore * Emmett * Nolan * Ian * Blake * Brennan * Adrian * Everett
June 5th, 2012 07:31 PM #13
2. A hodgepodge. I like vintage names, names with a Southern/Western twang, a few classic names, some Biblical names
3. Boys: Elliot, Jasper, Silas, William (nn Will); Girls: Adelaide (nn Addie), Evangeline (nn Evie), Sophie, Phoebe
4. Elliot Abram for a boy. For a girl, Evangeline Pearl.
5. Sometimes. As a person who grew up with a Top 10 name, I'm a little leery about popularity. But I'm certainly not ruling a name out completely if I love it.
6. William, Gabriel, Samuel, Christian, Landon, Henry, Austin, Eli, Levi, Blake
7. My dad's first name is growing on me. My mom's... not so much. (She has forbidden me from ever naming my child after here, lol.)
8. Dad's name was Harvey. Not saying my mom's.
11. Yes, sometimes. Depends on the name.
12. Dallas for a boy, Adelaide for a girl
14. If I didn't like the name, probably not. If I did like the name, yes.
15. I don't like the name period.
17. I like country and classic rock.
18. A person would have to be pretty special for me to name my kid after them, so probably not.
20. Don't remember...Elliot ~ Silas ~ Henry ~ Lazarus ~ Samuel
Evie ~ Sophie ~ Rosalie ~ Phoebe ~ Mavis
Crushes: Jubal ~ Avery ~ Artemis ~ Persephone
June 5th, 2012 07:42 PM #15
1. Don't have kids.
2. I consider my naming style to be eclectic vintage... I like old, unusual names and word names.
3. Top 4 girls: Penelope, Harriet, Florence, Augusta - Top 4 boys: August, Walter, Donald, Henry
4. If I had a girl right now, she would be Penelope Rose. If I had a boy, he would be August Donald.
5. I like some popular names, but once I know more than three or four kids with the name I lose interest.
6. Isaac, Jack, Henry, Adam, and James. That's it.
7. My mom's name is Lynn, which is okay. My dad's name is William, which I dislike but that's because of him, not because it's a bad name.
8. Ly nn M@rie and Willi@m De L@nci D0dge
9. A girl named Row@n K@therine and a boy named Sil@s Anth0ny.
11. Not usually.
12. India for a girl, Jackson for a boy.
13. I have five siblings. C@thryn Eliz@beth, Regin@ O'Ruth, Jon@than Dougl@s D0dge, Se@n Augu$t, and A@ron J0hn
14. Yes. On my list Donald, Henry, August(a), and Florence are all after relatives.
15. Nope! My favorite spelling of Kaitlyn is Kaitlin, because that's my name.
16. None, but I know OF many Lily's.
17. Adam Levine
18. No, probably wouldn't name my child after him.
19. At the moment it's my favorite.
20. I don't remember... I think I just googled for free baby name forums and this one seemed the friendliest.Currently Loving:
♥ August, Henry, Dodge, Revere
♥ Mabel, Lilith, Leona, Avis, Zelda
avatar by *moogley-mog
June 5th, 2012 08:00 PM #17Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Pensacola, Florida
1. Caitlin Louisa, 27; Rachel Helen (she would have been 22); Thomas Caleb
2. vintage & classic
3. Excluding my children's: George, Frederick, Giles, Philip; Martha, Helen, Jane, and Angharad
4. George William Avner or Helen Cecily Jane
5. To a certain degree. I've always liked William and Ethan. I've always liked Emma.
6. Plurals do not have apostrophes. William, Michael, Alexander (I prefer Alasdair), David, Joseph, Isaac, Thomas, Josiah, Nathaniel, and James.
7. My father's name was Wadsworth, and while I respect the family tradition, I am glad I was not a boy, as it would have been my name. My mother's name is Elaine, and that is my middle name, Elayne.
8. Wadsworth, no middle name. Elaine Motzveldt (my Norwegian grandmother's family name)
9. The correct word is "whose." Don't they teach English in Canada anymore? They did when I taught at Simon Fraser. One of my closest friends has three J names: Jillian, Jessica, and Jeremiah. I like Gillian and Jeremiah.
10. Massachusetts. My children were born in New York and British Columbia.
11. No, unless they are family names.
12. Florence or Italo.
13. Victoria, Samantha Blake, and Joanna Whitney.
14. Yes, but I like most of my relatives' names. My daughter was named after my great-grandmothers and my son after my grandfather.
15. My daughter's name is Caitlin, spelled correctly, because we are Welsh.
16. One I babysat for when I was in college. She must be in her 30's now.
17. Standards or classical? Franco Corelli and Renata Tebaldi. Joe Williams and Ella Fitzgerald. Sir Tom Jones and Barbra Streisand. Tarja and kd lang.
18. I might consider naming a son after my friend Josep Carreras.
19. Isn't it the only naming site?
20. I started writing for it.
June 5th, 2012 11:12 PM #19Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
1. What are your kid's names? None
2. What do you consider your naming style? Eclectic
3. What are your top 4 girl's names and what are your top 4 boy's names? Charlotte, Perdita, Hermione, Georgiana, London, River, Walter, and Thor.
4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? London (boy) not sure of middle name
5. Do you like popular names? Some
9. Out of all your friends who have children, who's kid's names are your favorite? Elektra, but prefer Electra.
10. Where were you born? US
11. Do you like place names? Yes
12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose? London
14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn't like the name? Yes
15. Do you like the name Kaitlyn spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K? Yes
16. How many people do you know with the name Lily? None all go by Lily as a nickname.
17. Who is your favorite singer? Michael Jackson
18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer? Absolutely, I have Michael down for a girl. Yes a girl.
19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site? Yes
20. How did you discover nameberry? Looking up websitesCurrent Favorite Names♀ Bandit | Jareth | Banjo | Americus | Jurassic | Alabama | Heart | Disneyland | Wednesday | Dragon
♂ Clyde | Anakin | Artemis | Logan | Cassidy | Labyrinth | Dragon
PLEASE VOTE FOR MY NAMES THANKS!