Results 1 to 5 of 70
Thread: 20 Questions!
June 5th, 2012 03:01 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
Let's get to know each other better!
Answer these 20 random questions, some about names/naming styles and choices, and others which barely xonnect to naming/names. Hope everyone enjoys, this game might help when trying to help another member come up with a name!!
1. What are your kid's names? (If you don't have kids, don't answer this one)
2. What do you consider your naming style?
3. What are your top 4 girl's names and what are your top 4 boy's names?
4. If you were to have a child right now, what would his/her name be? (You choose the gender, first & middle names)
5. Do you like popular names?
6. Out of the top 100 of 2011, which 10 boy's are your favorites?
7. Do you like your parent's names? Why or why not?
8. What are your parent's names? (First & middle)
9. Out of all your friends who have children, who's kid's names are your favorite?
10. Where were you born?
11. Do you like place names?
12. If you had to choose 1 place name to name your child, what would you choose?
13. How many siblings did you have and what were there names?
14. Would you ever name your child after a relative, even if you didn't like the name?
15. Do you like the name Kaitlyn spelled with a C at the beginning instead of a K?
16. How many people do you know with the name Lily?
17. Who is your favorite singer?
18. Would you ever name your child after your favorite singer?
19. Is Nameberry your favorite naming site?
20. How did you discover nameberry?
1. Elijah Chase Beck *Eli*
2. Um, not sure. My naming style is a bit all over the place!
3. Look at my signature!
4. For a girl, Lauryn Anabel, for a boy, Niall Henry
5. It depends!
6. I live in Canada, so this is going by Canadian names: Noah, Henry, Isaac, Max & Evan
7. Yes, my parent's names are ok. Not exactly what I would name my kids, my style is a bit different.
8. Arthur Paul *Art* & Peggy Joy *Joy*
9. I really like my former teacher's daughter's name, Yara!
11. Not usually, but some of them are ok. It depends on the name, and gender.
12. Cairo, for a girl.
13. No siblings!
14. No, I wouldn't directly use the name if I didn't like it. If my mother's name was Elizabeth, and I wanted to name my child after her, but I didn't like her name I would use another name with the same meaning or similar sound, or a variation of the name.
15. No, I like it with a K.
16. None, actually!
17. I like a variety of music, and at 19 I love One Direction!
18. Maybe. I would have to really like the singer/there music, and they would have to be a good role model.
20. I heard about it through other naming websites.* Ezra Kingston * Jesse Brock *
* Natalie Marisol * Virginia Greer * Clarissa Tess *
June 5th, 2012 05:12 PM #3
2. Not sure, it's all over the place.
3. See my signature for top girls names. My top boy names might have to be: Fabian, Everest, Lucien and Felix.
4. Delilah Celeste
5. Depends on the name
6. I'm from the UK but I prefer the US top 100 so I'm working with that: Nathaniel, Sebastian, Caleb, Gabriel, Lucas, Angel, Oliver, Grayson. I don't like any more of them enough to fill this list. Maybe Dominic or Xavier.
7. I like both their names, they are both rare and have history.
8. They are both rare names so I'm not saying.
10. At home.
12. For a boy, I like Cairo. For a girl, I like Adah.
13. Not saying.
14. I'd look for a variant I liked of the name.
16. No adults but loads of babies called Lily. Can't keep up with them.
17. I like a variety of music, and at 15 I love Pendulum!
18. Agree with OP's answer.
19. I think so.
20. Don't remember.Delilah Celeste ∥ Aveline Ruth ∥ Winter Fay ≶ Silas Alaric ∥ Fabian Seth ∥ Lucian Ezra
Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.
June 5th, 2012 05:35 PM #5Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
1. No kids yet
2. Funky clunky, quirky Biblical, old-fashioned, classic... somewhere along those lines
3. Right now... Helena, Cora, Annie, and Martha for girls and George, Zebedee, Ezra, and Jotham for boys
4. Ezra Hamilton
5. Some of them
6. Joshua, James, Benjamin, Joseph, Jackson, Caleb, Isaac, Luke, Charles, Nathaniel
7. They both sound dated to me, lol
8. Don't want to say
9. I only have two friends who've had babies. One is Dante Nathaniel, the other is Matthew James. I'm neutral on both.
11. If they have significance to the parents.
12. Pike for a boy, Carolina for a girl
13. 1 sister named Sarah
16. 4 or 5, but I hear the name Lily all the time
17. Depends on the genre
19. It's the one I visit most often
20. I googled "old lady names" after being told on Y!A that my favorite names sounded like the patient list of a nursing home
June 5th, 2012 05:47 PM #7Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Ontario, Canada
1. No kids yet!
2. Mostly vintage/classic, with a few quirky favourites mixed in.
3. This is hard! GIRLS: Vera, Matilda, Calla, Cecelia, (and I can't resist a 5th!) Norah...and BOYS: Declan, Edwin, Callum and Adrian.
4. GIRL: Matilda Elise or Vera Adalaide BOY: Declan Robert
5. Not usually, but often, my favourites BECOME popular and then I have to find new favourites!
6. James, Owen, Isaac, Gavin, Henry, Declan, Callum, Miles, Elliot, Caleb
7. I prefer my parents' middle names to their first names, but I like that their first names aren't super typical either.
8. Elaine Kathryn and Keith James
10. Southern Ontario (Canada)
12. Well, I love Adelaide.
13. 1...Timothy Colin
14. Only in the middle spot. All the middle names I consider are from or related to in some way people I want to honour.
15. This is the only spelling I like: Caitlin
16. None! But I had a great-aunt named Lily, she died as an infant.
17. Too many to list.
20. Searching for a name meaning.
June 5th, 2012 06:47 PM #9
2. Retro vintage I would say. I like names from the 20’s-60’s
3. Girls: Grace, Stella, Everly, Elia Boys: Sam, Ira, Frederick, Keaton
4. Grace Marlene (like Dietrich) nn Gracie
6. Gabriel, Eli, Samuel, Bentley, Grayson (kinda), Mason. I don’t really like any of the others on the list.
7. I like my mom’s but my dad’s name is rather boring to me
8. Debbie Dianne and Cliff Francis
10. US Midwest
11. Love them!
12. Dallas or Tulsa
13. 3 sibs. I’ll just put initials. LN, AF, and AR
14. Nope. I’d like for my kids to be individuals with their own unique name meaning
15. It’s looks better with a K imo
16. One, an aunt
17. Dean Martin
20. Google"Well when you do have a child, leave the birth certificate blank so that later they can fill it in themselves." Gracie Allen