Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I did not say YOU were illiterate - I said alternative spellings that don't follow the rules of phonetics LOOK illiterate.

I also did not say you didn't feel like you had your own identity. It's a point I have seen brought up by other people who ARE twins and I tend to think that IF I were a twin and my twin had such a similar name, that I would just get automatically grouped with my twin all the time and not be seen as my own person. Twins do come in two's, but they are not "set's" - that's more of what I was trying to convey.

Also, I don't think anyone was particularly harsh. I'm not going to sugar coat or be over the top nice to say I don't care for something. I gave you an opinion and I gave you reason's as to why I felt that way - I would call that constructive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerbelle View Post
    @oliviasarah and @catloverd - your posts did not bother me at all. I am sure these names are not your style and that is is fine, you were very polite in your comments! I was definitely not referring to either of you. What other names would you suggest to replace them. I think the only other names we like as close to those two are Aurora, Amaya, Alana, and Cambria, we just have a thing for the letter A I guess. Aspen and Ashlyn are lovely names but not the ones for us, thank your for the suggestions though.

I think if you paired Addison OR Anniston with one of those choices, you would be better off. Addison and Aurora both start with A but they have different sounds. I think Aurora and Alana would be beautiful, though, and Cambria isn't half bad - it's on my GP list, but I don't think it's unusable.

This is not how I would approach naming twins (with highly similar names) but okay!

It seems you know what it's like to share similarities with a siblings' name, so I can see how this affects the way you'll name your twins. I suppose your experience has prepared you for this. And if your partner is absolutely FOR Anni and Addi, I can't argue with either of you.

Anyhow, I think sticking to the original spellings of Addison and Anniston is the best way to go. You don't have to toss them if you don't want to.
    Your kids can't hate you if you and your own twin have similar names.

Good luck.

PS. I know of two brothers who share the same first name but have different middle names. They own a restaurant together and they named the restaurant after their first name. But each go by their middle names. Ever since, I thought it was an interesting idea. This reminded me of that.

Oh and they weren't twins.

Ex. Sergei Franco and Sergei Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    This is not how I would approach naming twins (with highly similar names) but okay!

It seems you know what it's like to share similarities with a siblings' name, so I can see how this affects the way you'll name your twins. I suppose your experience has prepared you for this. And if your partner is absolutely FOR Anni and Addi, I can't argue with either of you.

Anyhow, I think sticking to the original spellings of Addison and Anniston is the best way to go. You don't have to toss them if you don't want to.
    Your kids can't hate you if you and your own twin have similar names.

Good luck.

PS. I know of two brothers who share the same first name but have different middle names. They own a restaurant together and they named the restaurant after their first name. But each go by their middle names. Ever since, I thought it was an interesting idea. This reminded me of that.

Oh and they weren't twins.

Ex. Sergei Franco and Sergei Victor.
    Do you know if that's a family name for them?

There was a woman in one of my classes in college who had 3 boys, all named Christopher like their father. They were from Haiti, I think - but she said it was tradition down there and all the boy's went by their middle names, too.

If you really like the names, use them. Spell them the original way though! They're the nicest looking ways to read each name. And you'll probably call them by nicknames their whole lives anyway (Addie and Annie I assume?) I'm a fan of matchy (but not too matchy) twin names too!
    Proud mama of Erika Michelle & Alexa Leanna
    Future baby possibilities:
    Aria Claire * Ariana Elysia
    Cameron Blake * Elijah Jacob * Ashton Lucas