Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Naming a BF/Neighbour

I need to name the best friend/next-door neighbour of the main character in a story I'm working on.

My visions for this character is someone in her 20's, light brown short curly hair, brown eyes, down to earth looking, nice smile, big heart....this character is everything. She is a great listener, she doesn't judge. She is way too chatty and is a little self-centered. She listens for hours but when she offers advice it is layered with one of her many life experiences. She'll try anything once. Gets bored fast. She works with her 3 brother's in the family owned bike shop.

I'm going with Rowland for a last name.

The only thought I had for a first name was Danielle (nn. Dani).

I'd love some more suggestions.
    - Crystal -
    35 year-old maybe mommy...someday, and writer looking for that next best character name.

Jude Michaela, Blake Josephine, Delilah Kristen, Ainsley Susannah Joy
    Jacob Dalton, Tristan Grant, Kellan Christopher, Aidan Daniel
    Other Names: Lewis (nn. Lew), Everly, Luke, Claudia

Thanks michaela. I'm not feeling Maria, but maybe for the characters mother. I love Natalie, but I can't use it as I have a Dr. Natalie Brethour already in this series. I like Gemma, but it sounds a little too much like Gena Rowlands....she's an actresses. I'm not feeling Susannah....it seems too delicate for her personality.

Demi....I like this name because the meaning 'half' really ties into the story and the role the character plays.

I'm feelin' unisex....the character works in a bike shop with her older brothers, so imagine someone calling to have their custom work done on their pride and joy and they make an appointment with "Jo Rowlands" (for example) and are shocked when they show up at the shop and a women will be fixing their bike. That is what made me think of Danielle "Dani" Rowlands. However, a tougher name for this character might sound too "made up". Tough biker chick people would expect a tough, hard name....might be a good idea to go with something softer....for example Amy.
    - Crystal -
    35 year-old maybe mommy...someday, and writer looking for that next best character name.

Jude Michaela, Blake Josephine, Delilah Kristen, Ainsley Susannah Joy
    Jacob Dalton, Tristan Grant, Kellan Christopher, Aidan Daniel
    Other Names: Lewis (nn. Lew), Everly, Luke, Claudia

Sounds exactly like someone I know named Isabelle.

Stephanie- Steph
    Melanie- Mel
    Andrea- Andi
    Alexia- Alex/ Lex
    Maxine- Max
    Lexine- Lex
    Lacey- Ace
    Lee or Leah with the nn Lee
    Taylor
    Morgan
    Devon
    Dylan