Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    A country where we get weather that people complain about a lot.
    Smooshing isn't necessarily a bad thing. I like Idabelle and Adabelle.
    Amber. 17. Happy Hallowe'en.
    Roxana \ Marilyn ≶ Ксения \ Милана \ Алёна \ Арина \ Злата
    Даниил / Роман / Артемий ≶ Victor / Myron / Sylvan / Vincent / Lucien

Usually I love it, but Clarabelle, Adabelle, and Idabelle soounds weird to me. It's not that those are ugly names, I just (much) more like it as a single Clara, Ada, and Ida. Other variation but not with this -Belle.
    However, I want to add Lucibelle. Not sure about the spelling but Lucy+Belle sounds pretty cute to me.

I think it depends, for me. I mean, I love Adabella and Adorabella, but Miabella and Carabella/Clarabella and Mariabella and such... too much for me. I do like Corabelle/Corabella, though. A lot of them are purposely smooshes, though, but they're mostly recognized now. I'm pretty sure that's how Annabelle/Annabel started, but now it's recognized as a well-loved and very legitimate name.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I only like the long-established ones and the less 'belle-y' the better! (e.g. Arabella, Annabel, Isobel, Mirabelle). And not trying to 'correct', just share: according to some of my babyname books, Annabel was derived from Amabel and Arabella is pretty old, not a modern smoosh
    Isolde - Eluned - Freya - Anouk - Tabitha
    Caspar - Edmund - Ebbe - Fred - Oskar

Quote Originally Posted by bob=kate View Post
    And not trying to 'correct', just share: according to some of my babyname books, Annabel was derived from Amabel and Arabella is pretty old, not a modern smoosh
    I have heard that. I was going off of memory, and this link: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect...f_Annabel.html

It doesn't say it directly, but I know I've seen on some site that Annabelle is a modern smoosh of "Anna" and "Belle". Not saying it's right, I just know I've seen it. And it seems like that's what that link was referring to (along with Amabel).
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George