Results 11 to 20 of 23
Thread: Expecting in January
May 30th, 2012 02:48 PM #11Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- London, UK
1. Tesla*^ - I like this one a lot. Sounds lovely with your son's name, I think Tess is a cute nn, and is more grown-up than Tessa.
2. Nova*^ - prefer Tesla, but this one is fine. Unusual without sounding trashy.
3. Petra*^ - really cute. It's a bit masculine sounding to me, but that's just me.
4. Liora^ - prefer your other ones.
5. Zahara^ - meh, nms
6. Willow* - not a huge fan of this one, but I see the appeal- pretty and soft and graceful
7. Ellowyn^ - so pretty... I really like it. I have a friend named Arolyn, which sounds similar, but I love this.
8. Shoshana^ - I don't really like this
9. Doveva^ - I don't really know how to say this one
10. Ramona - love this name! It's my mil's name and I might use it as a middle.
11. Onnaliese^ - again, I wouldn't be sure how to pronounce this
12. Vivienne* - beautiful, energetic and elegant
13. Heidi* - really cute and sweet
14. Saffron - love this! I also like Sorrel
15. Anna-Margolette* - nice combination, but it might get shortened to Anna a lot
16. Adelaide* - LOVE this...one of my favorite names
17. Lydia^ - I like this name quite a bit
18. Shelby^ - I don't like this one...feels dated for a girl (but would be cute on a boy)
19. Beatrix^ - so cute! I really like it
20. Autumn-Claire* - I LOVE Autumn
21. Celestine^ - nms at all
22. Ophelia^ - I really like this!
23. Neoma - too weird for me, and I don't really like the sound
24. Coraline*^ - cute
25. Odessa - nms but I like it
26. Oceana - no, feels like it is trying to hard to be weird
27. Temperance^ - I know a little girl with this name and she is so sweet...it has really grown on me
28. Edith^ - love it
29. Octavia* - I really like this one, too, though I might prefer Ophelia
30. Evangeline*^ - meh, don't really like it
31. Olympia^ - I do like this one
32. Felicity* - really really love this one
33. Natalia* - no, I don't like this name
34. Florence^ - love it
35. Francesca*^ - I've never liked this one
36. Matilda*^ - I really love this! It keeps getting higher on my own list
37. Genevieve - pretty
38. Zinnea^ - oh, I like this...beautiful and unusual without being too much
39. Meredith*^ - feels a bit dated to me?
40. Melinda*^ - meh, not at all my style
41. Phoebe* - I really hate this name, I have no idea why
42. Guinevere^ - oh so pretty
43. Hailey* - too popular when I was growing up...just seems boring
44. Michaela*^ - ditto above
45. Jocelyn - it's okay, also a bit boring
46. Roxanne*^ - no, I don't like this one
47. Kayla*^ - for some reason, I don't really like K names, but I know a really lovely girl named Kayla, so I sort of like this one
48. Miranda*^ - lovely
49. Nadine*^ - really pretty and elegant
50. Louisa^ - love this one
Favorites from your list- Adelaide, Beatrix, Ellowyn, Florence, Guinevere, Felicity, Matilda, Octavia, Ophelia
I also like Autumn, Tesla, Petra
May 30th, 2012 02:50 PM #13
May 30th, 2012 03:38 PM #15Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
These are the ones that I love; Matilda, Francesca, Florence, Evangeline, Edith, Ophelia, Autumn, Beatrix, Saffron, Heidi, Vivienne, Shoshana, Willow and Liora - these are all beautiful.
I remember one of your previous posts and I took up an issue with Onnaliese but this was because I have a friend named Anneliese and she suffers from so many horrible nicknames that have got worse as she got older so it was more to warn you.Name CrushesCaspar - Rupert - Jacoby - Barnaby - Atlas - Adriel - KoaOlwen - Delphine - Maeve - Peridot - Shoshana
FavouritesIsaac - Jude - Asher - Ezra - Micah - Caleb - Gabriel - River - Tobias - Bennett - Noah - Shiloh - AubreyArabella - Pandora - Matilda - Clementine - Beatrix - Imogen - Persephone - Valentina - Hermione - Ottilie
May 30th, 2012 03:53 PM #17Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
May 30th, 2012 04:19 PM #19Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
2. Nova*^ - Pretty! and I think this goes well with Laikon
6. Willow* - love this name too.
8. Shoshana^ - this name is a new favorite of mind and Shoshana Elizabeth is gorgeous
10. Ramona - big fan of this name
12. Vivienne* - pretty name
13. Heidi* - I like this one a lot too and another name that I think sounds very good with Laikon
15. Anna-Margolette* - Gorgeous combination
17. Lydia^ - new favorite name of mine too.
20. Autumn-Claire* - another pretty combination name, love.
22. Ophelia^ - such a pretty name too
24. Coraline*^ - I like this one as well, though admittedly she'll probably have trouble with people constantly mispelling it, but that's not a big deal.
27. Temperance^ - I like this one a lot too, not sure if it sounds the best with Laikon though.
28. Edith^ - Edie and Laikon are cute together
30. Evangeline*^ - another pretty name
32. Felicity* - I like this name a lot too.
35. Francesca*^ - Love this name.
36. Matilda*^ - love this name too, haha. Though, that being said, it's another name that I'm not sure it goes that well with Laikon - something sounds a little off with the flow
41. Phoebe* - I like this name with Laikon a lot too.
44. Michaela*^ - another pretty name
48. Miranda*^ - I like this name a lot too
50. Louisa^ - sweet, pretty name and louisa and laikon work well together too.
May 30th, 2012 04:26 PM #21
Meh, the alternative spellings aren't a massive deal to me, unless they're totally out there and crazy. I will mention something about Onnaliese that is merely practical: in the UK, Onnaliese would not be pronounced like AAAH-nuh-leese, it would be more like UN-uh-leese because of the O. Well, not quite an un sound - it's really difficult to describe. Anyway if you stay in the US forever this won't be a problem but Brits will struggle to say it properly because our accent doesn't really allow "ON" to be "AAHHN". I'm not asking you to change your mind on the spelling (I actually kind of like it) but I just thought you should know.
At any rate, I like:
LouisaDelilah Celeste ∥ Aveline Ruth ∥ Winter Fay ≶ Silas Alaric ∥ Fabian Seth ∥ Lucian Ezra
Archetypal name-obsessed teenager here. Avatar is the blue knight from Castle Crashers, a game produced by The Behemoth. Credit goes to their artist/s.
May 30th, 2012 04:42 PM #23
A note on Onnaliese VS Annaliese. It's not so much a spelling thing for me as a pn thing. I didn't notice before, but are you pronouncing it like Annaliese? Because if you are then I think you should go with the a for pn sake. I thought it was pronounced OH-na-lees, since it is spelled with an O and not an A. I'm sure a lot of people will do the same....
May 30th, 2012 08:06 PM #25Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
May 30th, 2012 08:16 PM #27Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
May 30th, 2012 08:39 PM #29Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011