Results 41 to 49 of 49
May 29th, 2012 02:24 PM #41Senior Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
May 29th, 2012 04:38 PM #43
May 29th, 2012 04:55 PM #45Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- New York State
Gwendolyn VS Evelyn
Evelyn - I just prefer the sound, and I like nicknames Eve, Eva or Evie more than Gwen. Gwendolyn's nice though!
Anais VS Anneliese
Anneliese. I think it's prettier.
Juliette VS Sabine
Juliette - but I do find Sabine very interesting, although think I'd like Sabina better.
Leila VS Lily
This is hard. I love them both, but I think I'd go for Lily.
Indira VS Lalita
Lalita. Just like the sound better. I like that double L think that is very popular now.
Linnea VS Saskia
Linnea. I think the sound is prettier.
Iseult VS Isolde
Isolde. I am not entirely sure how to pronounce Iseult or Isolde. Is it Izolda?
Helen VS Agnes
hmm.. not a big fan of either, but I think Helen is nicer. Agnes is a little bit harsh for me (but it's not a bad name!) I don't like Aggie though.
Felicity VS Verity
difficult.. really like them both. I guess I will take Felicity.
Jessamine VS Mina
Jessamine. Seems more of a complete name, while Mina might be a nickname for many names, including Jessamine.
Mira VS Mina VS Nina
Nina. I think it's the cutest.
Clementine VS Clemence
Clementine if I pronounce it clemen-teen.
Manon VS Marion VS Marianne
Marianne. Marion still sounds old-ish to me, I only like Manon when a French person says it. Marianne is quite lovely and not used much anymore.Shannon
Some of my Favorite Names:
Girls: Anna, Alexandra, Anastasia, Lily, Ivy, Isla, Catherine, Cerys, Cara, Ciara, Aislinn, Adriana, Adrienne, Ariana, Alison. Genevieve, Alexa, Fiona, Annabel, Amabel. Angela, Noelle, Amanda, Amelie, Victoria, Sara, Vivienne. Tabitha, Adela, Sylvie
Boys: Ethan, Nicholas, Aidan, Ciaran, Ian, Liam, Ryan, Justin, John, Cian, Evan, Noah, Brendan, Alexander, Thomas, David, Stephen, Declan, Finn, Flynn.
May 29th, 2012 05:08 PM #47Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
May 29th, 2012 08:09 PM #49
Gwendolyn VS Evelyn - Evelyn - I never really liked any of the Gwen names; and Evelyn is quite pretty.
Anais VS Anneliese - Anneliese - I love long, feminine names!
Juliette VS Sabine - Juliette - I love how romantic this name is, prefer it as Juliet.
Leila VS Lily - Lily - I love that spunky, yet sweet vibe Lily gives.
Indira VS Lalita - Indira - I'm not a fan of either name, but I like how you can get Indy out of Indira.
Linnea VS Saskia - Saskia - I love how strong the meaning is, and you can get Sassy as a nickname!
Iseult VS Isolde - Isolde - Again, not a fan of either name, but I think this one has a better sound.
Helen VS Agnes - Helen - I love how classic Helen is.
Felicity VS Verity - Verity - Verity seems more exotic to me.
Jessamine VS Mina - Mina - I love the soft sound of Mina.
Mira VS Mina VS Nina - Mina - Mira comes in a close second, but I think Mina sounds more feminine.
Clementine VS Clemence - Clementine - Don't like either name, but Clementine seems more feminine to me.
Manon VS Marion VS Marianne - Marianne - I prefer Mary over all of the variations, but I like the way Marianne looks typed out.~inside this teenberry's mind ~~Please vote on constantly changing middle name possibilities (updated 6/19/13)
Feel free to comment and suggest!
♀ ~ Adair ~ Amity ~ Brooke ~ Cassia ~ Elowen ~ Kiri ~ Layla ~ Maeve ~ Rose ~ Violet ~
♂ ~ Adam ~ Benjamin ~ Dominic ~ Evander ~ Jacob ~ Leonardo ~ Marshall ~ Nathaniel ~ Tristan ~ ? ~
☺☺☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Adair Elizabeth ~ Violet Bronte ~ Benjamin Blaise ~ Nathaniel Hale ~ Dominic Reeve ~
May 30th, 2012 03:32 AM #51
My recommendation is ...
01. Gwendolyn and Evelyn [two equally great names]
02. Annelise vs. Anais [the more familiar of the two: Anne + Elise = Annelise]
03. Juliette vs. Sabine [the more feminine of the two]
04. Lily vs. Leila [the more authentic-sounding of the two]
05. Lolita vs. Indira [the more authentic-sounding of the two]
06. Linnea vs. Saskia [the more familiar of the two]
07. Iseult vs. Isolde [the softer-sounding of the two]
08. Agnes vs. Helen [the more popular of the two]
09. Felicity and Verity [two equally great names]
10. Jessamine vs. Mina [a long form versus a nickname]
11. Mirabelle vs. Nina [the more popular of the two]
12. Clementine vs. Clemence [the more familiar of the two]
13. Marianne vs. Manon or Marion [the more popular of the three]
May 31st, 2012 12:41 AM #53
Gwendolyn VS Evelyn - Evelyn
Anais VS Anneliese - Anneliese
Juliette VS Sabine - Juliette
Leila VS Lily - Lily
Indira VS Lalita - Indira
Linnea VS Saskia - Linnea
Iseult VS Isolde - Isolde
Helen VS Agnes - Helen
Felicity VS Verity - Felicity
Jessamine VS Mina - Oooh...BOTH!
Mira VS Mina VS Nina - Mina
Clementine VS Clemence - Clementine
Manon VS Marion VS Marianne - MarianneMelinda Susanne
Engaged to be married on 27 July 2012
Girls: Isabelle/Elisabeth Yun & Adriana Juliet
Samantha, Megan, Aubrey, Linnea, Katherine, Rosalie, Matilda, Miranda, Juliet, Abigail, Lily
Boys: Matthew Craige & William Clifton
Riley, Emmett, Tristan, Noah, Gavin, Henry, Spencer, Benjamin, Cameron, Nathan, Michael, Adam, Tyler, Jeremy
May 31st, 2012 08:57 PM #55Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
So many interesting responses, thanks everyone! For anyone interested, the current 'winning' names are:
Gwendolyn (by 1 vote!)
Some other things:
- Manon is a French name, said similar to mah-nohn. There's no hard n sound at the end.
- The spellings are as is
- Leila for me is prn Lay-la
- I do have French citizenship so any children of mine will be part-French
- I would plan on the nn for Jessamine to be Mina (not Jess)
- I am aware of "The Rape of the Sabine Women". I find it a plus not a minus. Rape, of course, refers to being kidnapped, not the modern definition of the name. They were taken from their home but they chose as individuals to become wives and the mothers of Rome. The were given many rights and powers they didn't have before and were actually one of the first fairly independent and powerful women.
- While I'm not sure of their origin, I've never heard of any man being named Clemence or Manon. They're purely feminine as far as I know, and I've only known women by these names.Switching careers and becoming an RN! Sadly mommy plans will have to wait until that's done. Still loving names though!
May 31st, 2012 09:10 PM #57Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2012