Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I Just Met A...

Amanda- I would use this name on a future daughter if it weren't so dated.
    Victoria- Even though I would never use the name on a future daughter, it no longer registers in my mind as being a "bad name" sine I met a really nice person by this name.

I just posted this in another thread, but I recently met a little boy named Django, which I thought was super cool. He was probably around 6 or 7, with blonde hair and blue eyes. I would never use the name myself, but it was interesting to meet a real person with the name.

I also recently met a man named Holden, which up until then was a name I had only seen on Nameberry. He was probably early 20's, very good looking with brown/blonde hair and brown(?) eyes. He definitely suited his name.

And a little while ago I heard a mom calling to her daughter Imogen in the store. Another Nameberry fave that was neat to see on a real person. She was maybe around 7 or so, with messy, curly brown hair. She also had a brother whose name I didn't catch.
    LUCA || ALTHEA
    [formerly nj003]

Coco. I met the most sophisticated little dark-eyed toddler with this name and fell in love.
    Simon, Eloise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Marina, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Ruby Louise, Archer, Violet, Gabriel, Persephone, Dov, Louisa

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I used to like very much the name Frieda (short form of Frederica, pronounced FREE-dah). It is short,ladylike, elegant and has a perfect meaning (der Friede = peace in German, as a general term, der Frieden is the opposite of war).
    However, a girl named Friederike and nicknamed Frieda has harmed my daughter many times, so I started to HATE this name.
    ._._._._._._._.

I used to like the name Alessia, then a mean girl at my school ruined it for me.
    Sabrina
    12 years old, Slytherin, INTJ
    “You must forge your own path for it to mean anything.”
    ― Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero