Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I Just Met A...

I Just Met A...

Daphne! She is the sweetest little baby in town - and she's definitely changed my opinion of the name Daphne for the better.

Have you ever met anyone that's changed your opinion of a name (for better or for worse)?
    Henry John, Charles Wesley
    Eleanor June, Clara Sparling

Aw, how sweet. Meeting a cute baby can definitely warm you up to a name. I think that for about every sweet kid I meet, I fall in love with their name for at least a second.
    - Meghan

My name list

I agree with Meghan. Kids who wear their names well can often make me reconsider a name that I once disliked. I used to teach preschool in college and had a student named Bebe (a name that, based on my "naming style," I wouldn't normally like). To this day, I love the name Bebe because it always makes me think of my sweet student who was rainbows and sunshine all day long.

I met a 3 y.o. boy named Arthur about a year ago. He was so sweet and just bursting with character. I had never really considered Arthur to be a viable name; it felt very dated to me, but this little boy brought some fresh air to the name. I'm still not sure that Arthur would make it to my personal favorites list, but now I definitely like it.

Love the name Daphne! This kinda happened with Violet. My cousin named her daughter this and I thought it was totally out there and I didn't like it at first. Now it's grown on me! Also Delilah. I hated it because of that song. Someone I know named his daughter this and I actually kinda like it now!
    Top 10 girl's names: Serena * Audrey * Sienna * Bridget * Lucy * Hazel * Cordelia * Josephine * Claire * Alice
    Top 10 boy's names: Elliott * Callum * Theodore * Emmett * Nolan * Ian * Blake * Brennan * Adrian * Everett

I used to love Daphne! It's still officially on my top 10, but I've sort of fallen out of love with it. I would love to meet a little Daphne to make me love it again!

I do know exactly what you mean, though--I met the sweetest little girls named Anna-Rose and Anneliese this past summer, they were so sweet and charming and they made me love the two names!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter