Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2 syllable Welsh girls names

Hello Berries,

My daughter has a beautiful Welsh name as a middle name (Arwen, meaning muse) and I'd love to do the same for a future daughter.

Ideally the name would have two syllables, a nice meaning and a literary connection wouldn't hurt... Is this too tall an order? I hope not!

How about Isolde (pn: ee-zohl-duh/ee-zold) meaning ice queen, very old welsh name fom Aurthurian legend, Tennyson poems & wagners opera. Can be spelt Yseult/Iseult too
    Mum to Jude Michael

One of my favorite names of any origin is the Welsh name Carys meaning "love." Not sure if it has any literary connections.

Carys! Carys Davies is an author if that's enough of a literary connection for you.
    Girls: Lucy, Nora, Ivy, Mae, Willow, Rose, Nessa
    Boys: Felix, Philip, Owen, Flynn, Dexter, Henry, Rory, Finlay

I do like Isolde but worry that the "is old" thing will get annoying, especially as a middle name. I really like old fashioned names and can just hear the " X is old" thing.

I really like Carys but my husband (who is of Welsh descent) says "it's too common" which makes me laugh as I don't know a single person called Carys but I guess it's different if you're Welsh!

But authors/novels/poems/plays are all definitely enough of a literary connection.