Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Unique and Elegant names?

Fiance-guy and I are closing on our new house at the end of next week and we're getting married in early August. I can only assume the pitter patter of little baby feet will be soon to follow. We've both been wanting kids for a while, but we're responsible enough to wait until we're settled and ready before we start trying. It could be anywhere from our Honeymoon to a year after that we start - but I'm guessing it'll be on the closer side.

Fiance is a horrible name person. He vetos nearly everything.

I am quick to please a lot of the time, but I know when I hate a name. I LOVE unique names. I don't want a name that I'm going to find someone else using, if I can help it. That being said, I also want something elegant, not tacky. It also has to be something my fiance would like. It's a hard balance.

For instance, I love the name Lily. It's been my favorite. It's still our default girl name if we cannot find anything else. HOWEVER - it's common. We could run into soemone else using it. So I want to try and find someone I love just as much, that isn't so overused.

Here's an example of what I would call "unique and elegant"

Juniper + Silas

I love both of the names. I'd use them. Fiance veto'd both.

I love place names, nature names, etc. I like word names a lot of the time. Something that was an object/place/idea that makes a good name. I like name with L sounds. They're my favorite, for the most part. But a lot of them are becoming common. I also like boys names for girls, in some cases. So that might be an idea as well. I like the unique factor that comes with that. In some cases, like I said.

Anyhow - I figured I'd come to the "experts" for some help. LOL. So - start throwing out names and I'll guide y'all in the right direction? Feel free to ask questions, too!

ETA: In February, we got a puppy. I went through the naming process as if we were having a child. No joke. Fiance guy ended up giving me free rule to name him anything I wanted. I decided on Atticus. He hated it at first, but loved it now. So that might help some.
    Last edited by alliegator; May 25th, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

what bout

for girls
    sage
    river
    ellary
    denae
    ayla
    denver
    montanna

boys
    johnson

Angry

what bout

for girls
    sage
    river
    ellary
    denae
    ayla
    denver
    montanna

boys
    johnson

Georgia Elizabeth
    Clara Penelope, Madeline Juliet, Lily Sailor, Annabelle Cosette, Bridget Dorothy, Charlotte Rose, Paige Virginia & Jude Gabriel, Henry Theodore, Rory Desmond, Luke Holden, Christian Alex, Aaron Quincy, Cody William