Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eamon

I love it, although I think you probably will get mispronunciations depending on where you live. I read a lot of Maeve Binchy as a teenager so I love all of the Irish names that she uses. You could go to her books for more ideas.

I want to LOVE this name so much but every time I say it out loud I think I am in Jamaica... sadness.

UPDATE: because I want to love this name so bad so I looked more into the pronunciation and listened to some recordings and feel better about it. When I hear it, it sounds like "Ay-mun", which is pretty much Edmund without the D's. My grandpa (rip) who I love SO much is named Edmond and I have been considering using it as a fn or mn and Eamon would be a wonderful alternative. My grandma, his wife is half Irish. I could probably still use the nn Eddie.
    Last edited by tinabina; May 24th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Mama to Arden Skye (02/2013)

My pseudo cousin is named Eamon. He's awesome and has just enough quirkiness to go great with his name.
    Oh and he and his family pronounce it AY-men.
    proud aunt to
    Liam Joseph (b. 5/8/2006)
    Aurore Brynn (b. 10/13/2012)

Eamon is a great name. One of Australia's top male swimmers is named Eamon Sullivan. A really good young role model!

I was running it by DH and he said it sounds too much like an Islamic holy man or something, Imam? I have no idea what he is talking about. He hates every name lol. I am one turn down away from not giving him any naming rights!
    Mama to Arden Skye (02/2013)