Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    I do get a tad angry when I see some of the made-up stupidness I've seen floating around recently. Briley, Brinley, MaKaylyn - stuff like that. Your child will grow up and have to be an adult with that name, it's selfish and cruel to make your child sound like a 5 year old for the rest of their life and when it comes to their future career, you are not helping them in the least.

Yes, it DOES make me a bit angry. I went to college for HR, I'm the one whose going to have to be dealing with this silliness when your children grow up and need a job.

Also, the boys names on girls thing angers me. Yes, actually angers me - mostly because it ONLY goes from masculine to feminine, it's completely frowned upon for it to go from feminine to masculine. The double standards and the social implications are just...wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by raqkel View Post
    My sister-in-law has a student named La-a. Not just an urban legend.
    There was one at my husband's school before he became a teacher there. Several colleagues have confirmed it.

He also heard about a girl named Abcde -- pronounced AB-sid-ay. Urban legend or not, that's pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaiden6 View Post
    There was one at my husband's school before he became a teacher there. Several colleagues have confirmed it.

He also heard about a girl named Abcde -- pronounced AB-sid-ay. Urban legend or not, that's pretty terrible.
    Those poor kids! Just curious, but what country allows the - symbol for names?
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Madison or Addison. Those names drive me INSANE! (Except if Addison is on a boy, because it's a boys name...) Also, most -ley (Bentley, Kinley, Brinley, etc.) names sound pretentious and made-up to me.