Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erinlw View Post
    The only names that frustrate me are names that will affect the child. There's a girl who lives near my cousin who's named La-a. Yes, spelled like that, but pronounced La-dash-a. She's going to be correcting people on the prounciation her entire life (or the spelling, if they've only heard it sounded out.) It's not fair to her, and I feel really bad for the poor girl.

Or names like Gertrude or Mortimer, that will get the kid teased for a good portion of their school years. Or names like Pixie or Pippi that won't do a young professional any favours. Or unpronounceable names. Or names that are common but spelled really oddly. Really, just names that will give a kid a hard time in general make me sad.
    Seriously, I thought dashes and other markings along with numbers aren't allowed in the naming process.... well I guess it depends where you live too.... why didn't they just spell it Ladasha? It's awful, but at least better than a -
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Any name with more than two Y's -- LOL
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

Quote Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
    Any name with more than two Y's -- LOL
    Haha like what?
    Georgia Elizabeth
    Clara Penelope, Madeline Juliet, Lily Sailor, Annabelle Cosette, Bridget Dorothy, Charlotte Rose, Paige Virginia & Jude Gabriel, Henry Theodore, Rory Desmond, Luke Holden, Christian Alex, Aaron Quincy, Cody William

There are SO many. So I'll go with one I heard today: Shad. Any names that sound like maybe mommy's been watching a few too many soaps. Like I can't say Shad without wanting to give my best smoldery glare with it. Weird smooshes, ie: Skylan. For some reason they bug me even more when they're inflicted on a boy.
    If only I could make a living naming other people's children...

Girl names I'm loving right now: Leonor, Jane, Daisy, Arabella, Francesca, Georgia, Violet, Flora, Raphaela, Beatrice, Winter, Zara, Sophie, Delia, Bronwen
    Boy names I love (after naming 5 of my own): Gideon, Watson, Magnus, Miles, Oliver, Callum, Felix, Rafferty/Rafe, Edmund, Adlai, Declan, Bram

Kaylee. I just don't understand how a parent expects a child to grow with this name.