Adler - a nice name, a little awkward for me to say... It is also a kind of tree (black Adler)
- I find it somewhat awkward to say as well. Especially compared to Rex and Troy.
Ajax - not my favorite on your list
Archer - very strong name
- this is becoming one of my favorites
Braun - not a favorite, reminds me of the word or paper towels
- I didn't even think of that last night. I see it though.
Chester (nn Chet) - I like it, but I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to use it
- that's how I feel
Conrad - nice, strong name
- I agree
Crew - nice, but I prefer other names on your list
Eric - my favorite so far from your list, handsome and strong
- I thought so too
Greer - nice, strong name
Miles/Milo - I like Miles and Milo, both great choices
Paris - sorry, can't see this on a boy unfortunately
- I know :(
Victor (nn Vic or Vico) - love this with Rex and Troy!
- me too
Dean - one of my favorites
Bram and Wade - Nice names but I feel you have better choices on your list[/QUOTE]
Adler - I think of "addled", like to have a mental problem.
Ajax - I like this except for the cleaner... that is the first thing that comes to mind. I don't like Rex and Ajax both ending with -x.
- I hear ya. I like the name Felix too, but it has the -x too
Archer - (Latin)- Absolutely love this. This goes well with your surname, and sounds amazing with Rex and Troy.
- I agree! I'm loving this one right now
Braun - (German) Don't like the -n -n with your surname.
- I agree
Chester (nn Chet) - Just doesn't fit with your other boys, as it feels very nerdy and preppy.
- I agree
Conrad - (German) I actually love this with Rex and Troy... it has the same testosterone level...
- I agree! It sounds so strong!
Crew - Much too preppy to fit with Rex and Troy, imho. It makes his brothers sound manly... and him just very posh and preppy.
- lol! I see where you're coming from
Eric - (Scandinavian) Ever- Too old school for me... I prefer Leif.
- it is old school. But I feel like you don't hear too many little ones with this name.
Greer - (Greek) A form of Gregory. One This one would go well...
Miles/Milo - (German/Latin) One who is merciful/ A soldier- This is good, but once again so week sounding with Troy and Rex.
- I know. And I agree. I need to just say goodbye to this one.
Paris - (English/Greek) Man from the city in France/ in mythology, the prince of Troy who abducted Helen This could have been a great name for a boy... but not now. It would especially stand out with Rex and Troy. I'd assume he was their sister.
- I know
My top names to this point:
1. Archer... Just amazing. I wouldn't worry about the popularity. Even if you choose a name that's obscure now, there's no way to be sure it won't be popular in the future...
- I misspoke about the popularity in my original post. Even though it rose 46 places from 2011-2012 it still only ranks at 404 :)
2. Victor... also very good
3. Conrad... not Classical, but still pretty cool...