Induction due to small sized baby/IUGR
My baby has, throughout this pregnancy, been measuring an appropriate size. At one appointment, a midwife did mention my fundal height was a little small, but she said that could be position or something, and at the next appointment, the size was corresponding with GA again.
Two weeks ago, I had a sonogram to check position. The tech also measured size, and said the baby was measuring at 5 lbs, 2 oz. This was normal for 36 weeks.
I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. I saw a different midwife, and she was trying to get me to have ANOTHER growth scan (my fundal height was measuring small, again). I refused. She suggested if in a week, my fundal height is again small, I do a repeat scan. I'm assuming if the baby measures small at another sonogram, they'd want to induce.
I know these measurements are often inaccurate, but I also know that occasionally, a baby who stops growing around 36-37 weeks may have an issue with the placenta or cord. I REALLY didn't want to be induced, but I'm not sure what the risks are of waiting to go into labor with a baby who appears to have stopped or slowed growing. I can't find any resources on the subject online. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this, if you decided to induce or not induce, what the cause of the baby's restricted growth was, how big was the baby at birth, etc.