I'm working on a story that involves teenage royals (girls) from many countries. It is set in the future (some of the countries who have abolished monarchies have brought them back), but I'd like to keep some of the same naming styles as today. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some of them are hard because there isn't a lot of royal history to go on and draw names from, which is where I'm having trouble.
1. Belgium (right now I'm working with Marie Joséphine Caroline Elisabeth - what do you think?)
5. Portugal (Maria Ana Leonor Beatriz)
6. Russia (Tatiana Aleksandrovna)
7. Sweden (Astrid Victoria Christina Ingrid)
Like I said, any help at all would be greatly appreciated!
I don't like the name, Louisa in Denmark. If I were you, I'd go with a Dagmar or Caroline. So her name would be; Dagmar Ingrid Caroline Margarethe. I'm not fond of the name Christiana, since it seems as a misspelling of the name Christina
I don't know anything about other countries. ._.
I really like Louisa, but since you're from Denmark, I'll take your word for it! :) I'm not quite sure about Dagmar - it just doesn't really seem to fit the character I have in mind. Caroline is nice, but again - I don't know if it quite fits the character. Caroline seems softer to me, and the character is very tough and independent. Christiana I got from playing around with Christian, but I agree that it is pretty close to Christina (especially since Christina is used elsewhere). Thanks for your help!
Then use the name Louise - Louisooh - is the dancing way of pronouncing it, but Isabella or Ivalu (though it's from Greenland) would fit a royal girl too. ^^
Thanks! I like Louise and Isabella, but I'm not quite sure about Ivalu. It's definitely interesting, though!
You're welcome! Ivalu/Ivaloo is used to show that we still care about the Greenlanders and is used as the youngest of Prince Frederik's girls middle name. Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda and her sister is Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe.
If you want, I can give you a list over the Queens names? ^^
If you could, that would be great! Thank you! Oh, and I forgot about Josephine - I'm a self-confessed royal watcher :), but for some reason I forgot about Ivalo being her middle name.
1. Belgium - Josephine, Charlotte, Marie-Josée, Elisabeth, Mathilde, Louise, Henriette,
2. Denmark - Margrethe, Ingrid, Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Ingeborg, Dagmar
3. Greece - Alexia, Theodora, Elena/Eleni, Olga, Frederika, Irene, Sofia, Maria-Olimpia
4. Netherlands - Emma, Wilhelmina, Juliana, Beatrix, Catharina Amalia, Margriet, Francisca, Elisabeth, Irene, Laurentien
5. Portugal - Isabel, Maria Francisca, Maria da Gloria, Catarina
6. Russia - Aleksandra, Anastasia, Kira, Natalia/Natasha, Olga, Tatiana, Xenia, Maria, Ekaterina
7. Sweden - Ingrid, Birgitta, Desirée, Ulrika, Margareta, Christina, Viktoria Louise, Helena.
Thanks! Those are really helpful, especially Greece - I had been having trouble with that one.
I'm also thinking some more ancient Greek names. At least in my story, the Greek royals are pretty modern and not too concerned with "traditional" names. I'm thinking names like Theodosia, Charis, Athena, Phaedra, and Ariadne. Most of those would be middles, but some (Ariadne) could be first names. What do you think?
We also have, little Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie ^^