Harry Potter themed CAF - PART 1/3
Harry Potter Create-a-Family
A create-a-family game, with a little magical twist!
Use the ten-sided die for this game:
PART 1: Parents
Location: Roll the die to determine where your wizarding family live.
9. You choose
Surname: Roll the die and choose a surname from the appropriate name bank.
1. Bennett, Greengrass, Bonham, Vosper, Morgan, Duvall, Stretton
2. Carmichael, Hale, Dillonsby, Spinner, Tremlett, Williams, Duke
3. Johnson, Sweeting, Fisher, Dagworth, O'Hare, Rosenthal, Miner
4. Potter, Beaumont, White, Strout, MacDougal, Lynch, Cooper, Weasley
5. McGonagall, Granger, Bole, Patil, Radford, Bishop, Hornby, Draven
6. Brand, Cauldwell, Sawyer, Black, Manning, Flint, Carrow, Forrester
7. Knightley, Lestrange, Inglebee, Peltier, Quigley, Jorkins, Riddle
8. Creevey, Binns, Maddock, Brando, Ridgeway, Compton, Nash
9. Delacour, Sinclair, Hepburn, Moore, Crouch, Swanepoel, Carrington
10. Rodgers, Northman, Malfoy, Patil, Diggory, Langston, Steele
First name (male): Roll the die and go to the appropriate number.
1-2: Arthur, Tiberius, Gideon, Lorcan, Tilden, Flavius, Kipp, William
3-4: Thaddeus, Zacharias, Cornelius, Marius, Lysander, Samson
5-6: Ignatius, Phineas, Avery, Dudley, Solomon, George, Lawrence
7-8: Dexter, Felix, Hamish, Seamus, Crispin, Damon, Neville, Godric
9-10: Magnus, Ewan, Ivor, Hunter, Ellerby, Albus, Frederick, Eric
Middle name: (male) Roll the die again and choose a name from the appropriate list. All lists are from Nameberry.
5-6: Mid-century Favourites
7-8: Soap Opera Names
First name (female): Again, roll the die and choose from the appropriate name bank.
1-2: Charity, Luella, Victoire, Elladora, Celeste, Calliope, Astrid
3-4: Selena, Astoria, Luna, Fleur, Emmeline, Maxine, Valentina
5-6: Minerva, Penelope, Elsa, Lavender, Carys, Lucasta, Rose
7-8: Rowena, Lily, Magenta, Honoria, Artemisia, Maisie, Aurora
9-10: Beatrix, Petunia, Octavia, Lucretia, Isla, Phillipa, Daphne
Middle name (female): Roll the die and choose from the appropriate Nameberry list.
5-6: Flower names
7-8: Old lady names
Appearance: Roll for hair and eye colour. Feel free to add the texture (straight, curly, wavy), length, shade, or anything else you want to include.
Parentage: Roll the die to find out what parentage they have.
4. One muggle parent, one magical parent
5. Half muggle, half wizard
7. One muggle parent, one magical parent
House when at Hogwarts: Roll the die to find out which house they were in at school.
2. Your choice
10. Your choice
Occupation: Roll the die for a general job description. You can be more specific if you like. I've included a few links (all to the Harry Potter wiki) that may give you some ideas.
1. An author (e.g. of textbooks or novels)
2. Owner of a magical business in Hogsmeade - choose an existing business or make one up.
3. Owner of a magical business in Diagon Alley - choose an existing business or make one up.
4. Works at St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries (e.g. as a healer)
5. Professional Quidditch player - choose an existing team or make one up; also choose your position (chaser, seeker, beater, or keeper).
6. An Auror or Unspeakable
7. Hogwarts Professor - choose a subject (e.g. Potions Master or Professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts).
8. Works for a wizarding publication such as The Daily Prophet - choose a position (e.g. advice columinst, reporter, editor, etc).
9. Works in the Ministry of Magic - choose a department and a specific job (you'll have to scroll down about halfway to reach the department section).
10. Your choice
1-2. Twelve inches
3-4. Nine and a half inches
5-6. Ten inches
7-8. Eight and three-quarter inches
9-10. Eleven inches
1-2. Dragon heartstring
3-4. Unicorn tail hair
5-6. Veela hair
7-8. Threstral tail hair
9-10. Phoenix feather
1. Common pet - dog, cat, bird, rabbit, etc.
2. Farm animal - pig, cow, horse, etc.
3. Australian animal - kangaroo, koala, bilby, platypus, wombat, Tasmanian devil, etc.
4. Type of big cat - cheetah, lion, tiger, jaguar, panther, etc.
5. Use the generator
6. Bird of some kind - swan, eagle, falcon, vulture, etc.
7. Underwater creature - dolphin, shark, jellyfish, etc.
8. Use the generator
9. Mythical creature - unicorn, phoenix, centaur, etc.
10. Use the generator
Click here for part 2.