Scottish Baby Names
Patrician to the core, Hugh was firmly in the Top 100 until 1903. Now it's used very quietly, though the name is still in the Top 1000.
Hugh has always been particularly prevalent... Read More
Iain, this authentic Gaelic form of John, has been well used in Scotland since the early twentieth century, used concurrently with the shortened Ian spelling, but is rarely seen in the US. ... Read More
Innis is the name of an island (and Gaelic word for island) which became a Scottish surname and clan name before being used as a first. It hasn't been heard much in the U.S., but could attract... Read More
This name of a small island off the coast of Scotland is trending upwards along with other I names. Read More
This unusual Greek flower and color name has gained considerable recent attention via actress Ione Skye, who is the daughter of sixties folksinger Donovan.
Ione was one of the fifty sea... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Cowboy / Western Names (BOYS)
- Skyrim Girl Names
- Boys Names that Sound Both Strong and Smart
- Classic, but Uncommon Names
- my top Hyphen girl Names
Isla is the name of a Scottish river, an island (spelled Islay), and the hot young red-haired actress Isla Fisher, wife of Sacha Baron Cohen. Isla is also among the fastest rising names in the US,... Read More
The rise of the the various Isabel names may give a boost to this variation, which has a sunny, springtime feel.
Although this name has been around since the thirteenth century, its... Read More
The Scottish spelling of Isabel has a definite character of her own, the 'o' giving her an extra infusion of strength.
Isobels have appeared on several high-profile TV shows: Isobel... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures Includes: Aurelia
- Baby Names That Mean Luck Includes: Asher
- Space Baby Names Includes: Aurora
- Italian Word Names Includes: Aurora
- Names Girls Love Having Includes: Ariel
- 1900s Baby Names Includes: Arthur
- Belles of the Ball Includes: Annabel, Arabella
- Unisex Baby Names Includes: Avery
- Antique Baby Names Ready for Restoration Includes: Adeline, Amos, Atticus
- Literary Names for Girls Includes: Arabella, Aurora