If You Like Emma, You Might Love...
Ada was a favorite at the end of the nineteenth century that has started to come back in the past few years. Some may seek it out as an alternative to the overpopular Ava, and it's also part of the... Read More
Alma is a somewhat solemn, soulful name that had a burst of popularity a century ago, then faded into the flowered wallpaper, and is now finding its footing once more. It jumped 154 spots between 2... Read More
Amabel is an older name than Annabel and a lot more distinctive. Amabel was a very common name in the twelfth and thirteen centuries, then was revived during the nineteenth century British fad for ... Read More
Anya is an exotic Russian version that succeeds in making Ann dynamic. It is climbing the U.S. baby names popularity list, now at Number 444; it reentered the list in 1998. Anya is the form found ... Read More
Eliza is one of our favorite names; we love its combination of streamlined modernity and Eliza Doolittle charm and spunk, and offer Eliza as one of our top recommendations. That said, a lot of ... Read More
Following in the path of Emma and Isabella/Bella, Ella has been shooting up the charts since the millennium: it rose from Number 265 in 2000 to a high of Number 15 this past year. Ella has long be... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Upper-class British names
- Fantabulously Awesome Girls Names
- If you like the name Evie, you might love...
- If you like Isabella, you should try...
- If you like Ella, you will love...
Emilia, the lovely feminine form of the Roman clan name Aemilius, is rising as an Emily/Amelia alternative, now at Number 208. Its one problem is that it sounds like and is often seen as interchang... Read More
Emmeline, also spelled with one 'm', is an Emma relative and Emily cousin that is destined for greater use in the wake of the megapopularity of those two names. A recommended Nameberry fave. A p... Read More
Less popular than Emery, this name also attributes to Emory University. Read More
EsmÃ© is a sophisticated, distinctive, and charming J. D. Salinger name, from his classic 1950 story For EsmÃ©, With Love and Squalor . Related to the French Aimee, which means beloved, and to the... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Shakespearean Names Includes: Emilia
- Creative Baby Names Includes: Thea
- Pretty Girl Names Includes: Eliza
- Place Names for Babies Includes: India
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names Includes: Eliza, Ida, Ella
- Classic Baby Names for Girls Includes: Eliza
- Heroine Baby Names Includes: Willa, Ada
- Short Baby Names Includes: Eva, Ada, Ida
- Celebrity-Inspired Baby Names Includes: Eva
- Steampunk Baby Names Includes: Emmeline