If You Like Emma, You Might Love...
Ada was a favorite at the end of the nineteenth century that has started to come back in the last few years. Some may seek it out as an alternative to the over-popular Ava, and it's also part of... Read More
Alma is a somewhat solemn, soulful name that had a burst of popularity a century ago, then faded into the flowered wallpaper, and is now finding its footing once more.
In addition to... Read More
Amabel is an older name than Annabel and a lot more distinctive. Amabel was a very common name in the twelfth and thirteen centuries, then was revived during the nineteenth century British fad for... Read More
Anya is an exotic Russian version that succeeds in making Ann dynamic. After reentering the Top 1000 in 1998, it currently ranks 555th.
Anya is the form found most frequently in Russia,... Read More
Eliza is one of our favorite names; we love its combination of streamlined modernity and Eliza Doolittle charm and spunk, and offer Eliza as one of our top recommendations.
That... Read More
Following in the path of Emma and Isabella/Bella, Ella shot up the charts since the millennium: it rose from Number 265 in 2000 to a high of Number 15 in 2013 and is at Number 18 this year. ... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Cowboy / Western Names (BOYS)
- Skyrim Girl Names
- Boys Names that Sound Both Strong and Smart
- Classic, but Uncommon Names
- my top Hyphen girl Names
Emilia, the lovely feminine form of the Roman clan name Aemilius, is rising as an Emily/Amelia alternative, now at Number 133. Its one problem is that it sounds like and is often seen as... Read More
Emmeline is an Emma relative and Emily cousin that is destined for greater use in the wake of the megapopularity of those two names. A recommended Nameberry fave, Emmeline has recently hopped onto... Read More
Less popular than Emery, this name also attributes to Emory University.Read More
Esmé is a sophisticated, distinctive, and charming J. D. Salinger name, from his classic 1950 story For Esmé, With Love and Squalor. Related to the French Aimee, which means beloved, and... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures Includes: Aurelia
- Baby Names That Mean Luck Includes: Asher
- Space Baby Names Includes: Aurora
- Italian Word Names Includes: Aurora
- Names Girls Love Having Includes: Ariel
- 1900s Baby Names Includes: Arthur
- Belles of the Ball Includes: Annabel, Arabella
- Unisex Baby Names Includes: Avery
- Antique Baby Names Ready for Restoration Includes: Adeline, Amos, Atticus
- Literary Names for Girls Includes: Arabella, Aurora