Old Lady Names
Many vowel names stylish a century ago are coming back, and Ida seems like a possible, logical successor to Ada and Ava.
A century ago, Ida was considered "sweet as apple cider," and... Read More
Imogen is a Shakespearean name long fashionable in England, which temporarily lost its way here when spelled and pronounced im-oh-GENE. Pronounced the British way, Imogen is as pretty and classy... Read More
Iris is one of the bouquet of turn-of-the-last-century flower names that is gradually beginning to regain its appeal: it is now at the highest point it has been since the Thirties.
Part... Read More
The quirky, offbeat and energetic botanical name Ivy is enjoying a deserved revival, sure to be propelled even higher by its choice by high-profile parents Beyonce and Jay-Z for baby girl Blue... Read More
With its large measure of class and character and a gently offbeat quality, plus an intriguing number of vivacious nicknames, it's no wonder Josephine is a Nameberry favorite and climbing up the... Read More
Kay, a cigarette-smoking, nightclubbing name of the 1930's, could be ready for a comeback along with cousins May/Mae and Ray/Rae.
Kay has been out of sight since the mid-eighties, but... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Cowboy / Western Names (BOYS)
- Skyrim Girl Names
- Boys Names that Sound Both Strong and Smart
- Classic, but Uncommon Names
- my top Hyphen girl Names
Lavinia is a charmingly prim and proper Victorian-sounding name which actually dates back to classical mythology, where it was the name of the wife of the Trojan hero Aeneas, who was considered... Read More
Its mellifluous sound makes Leonora--which has a rich history and a tie to the popular Leo names-- a keen possibility for revival.
Leonora has the distinction of being three major opera... Read More
Letitia is a delicate, once prim and proper sounding name whose staid image has been unbuttoned by numerous phonetic spellings. The original, often used in Spanish-speaking families, would still... Read More
Lucasta was invented by seventeenth century poet Richard Lovelace for a collection of poems dedicated to a lover named Lucy, and is familiar through the Eugene O'Neill play and film Anna... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures Includes: Aurelia
- Baby Names That Mean Luck Includes: Asher
- Space Baby Names Includes: Aurora
- Italian Word Names Includes: Aurora
- Names Girls Love Having Includes: Ariel
- 1900s Baby Names Includes: Arthur
- Belles of the Ball Includes: Annabel, Arabella
- Unisex Baby Names Includes: Avery
- Antique Baby Names Ready for Restoration Includes: Adeline, Amos, Atticus
- Literary Names for Girls Includes: Arabella, Aurora