Irish Baby Girl Names
Irish place-name -- it's a river, a county, and an airport -- once popular but now supplanted by such newer immigrants as Aidan and Maeve. Read More
One of the best known of the Irish girls' names, thanks to singer Sinead O'Connor. Though it's still in the Irish Top 100, it's no longer quite as fashionable in Ireland as Aoife or Aisling. But by... Read More
A popular Irish name virtually unknown here — with a pronunciation that's far from obvious. It's basically SOR-ca, but with a little hiccup between the ' r' and the ' c' that's near-impossible for ... Read More
Despite a rich history in Irish myth preceding its plantation appearance in Gone with the Wind, widespread use in the seventies caused Tara to lose its Irish accent. Read More
An old Irish surname cousin of Tierney that makes an unusual and appealing Irish gender switch. Read More
An uncommon Irish-accented surname that seems particularly well suited to a girl. Tierney Sutton is a well-known jazz singer. Tierney, in its original Tiarnach form, was the name of several saints.... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Best girl names ever!
- Girls-1st and 2nd names
- A very well put together list of glorious Boy names !
- sweet sounding vintage girls names.
In an epic poem, the personification of truth, beauty, and unity; this ancient name is popular in Ireland but rarely heard here. The Oona spelling has more oomph. Read More
You might also like these lists:
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Girls Includes: Maeve
- Mythological Baby Names for Girls Includes: Juno, Niamh, Maeve, Grainne, Brigid, Tara
- Variations of Katherine Includes: Kathleen
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures Includes: Juno
- The Exoticizer Includes: Sinead, Niamh, Fionnuala
- Surname Baby Names Includes: Tierney
- Unusual Baby Names Includes: Una
- Rock Star Baby Names Includes: Eileen
- Film Noir Baby Names Includes: Brigid
- Irish Surname Names Includes: Tierney, Tiernan