If You Like Edward, You Might Love...
This Irish name pronounced ay-mon was popularized in the U.S. by early president of the independent republic Eamon de Valera (birth name George), who was born in the United States to an Irish... Read More
The sophisticated Edmund and its nearly-identical French twin Edmond are coming out of mothballs now that Edward, inspired by Twilight, is once again a hot name.
Edmund has had... Read More
A stalwart of Latin nomenclature that could work just as well for Anglos. Read More
Unlike perennials William, John and James, Edward is a classic that moves in and out of fashion. This royal Anglo-Saxon standard has benefited in recent years from the popularity of the hot hero... Read More
Elliot (which boasts several spellings depending upon how many 'l's or 't's you want to use) is a winner -- it has the ideal quality of being neither too common nor weirdly unique. Elliot had a... Read More
Since this was the name chosen by the current Roman Catholic pope, Francis has come into the spotlight.
The name, which was in the Top 10 at the turn of the last century, has been... Read More
Recent User Lists
- Cowboy / Western Names (BOYS)
- Skyrim Girl Names
- Boys Names that Sound Both Strong and Smart
- Classic, but Uncommon Names
- my top Hyphen girl Names
Dropping the final "k" of Frederick definitely makes it more user friendly. Either way, this is a strong classic to consider if you're not afraid of a little dusty residue.Read More
Iconoclasts though we may be, we like Fred, we like Frank, and we like George, which was among the Top 10 from 1830 to 1950, when the number of little Georges started to decline. Solid, strong,... Read More
Henry, after hovering around the latter half of the Top 100 for 35 years, is now at its highest point since World War II. Its stylishness has increased substantially to the point where in upmarket... Read More
Patrician to the core, Hugh was firmly in the Top 100 until 1903. Now it's used very quietly, though the name is still in the Top 1000.
Hugh has always been particularly prevalent... Read More
You might also like these lists:
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures Includes: Aurelia
- Baby Names That Mean Luck Includes: Asher
- Space Baby Names Includes: Aurora
- Italian Word Names Includes: Aurora
- Names Girls Love Having Includes: Ariel
- 1900s Baby Names Includes: Arthur
- Belles of the Ball Includes: Annabel, Arabella
- Unisex Baby Names Includes: Avery
- Antique Baby Names Ready for Restoration Includes: Adeline, Amos, Atticus
- Literary Names for Girls Includes: Arabella, Aurora