Trendy Names in the News: Maceo, Azura, and Knox:

comments

14 Responses to “Trendy Names in the News: Maceo, Azura, and Knox:”

dindlee Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 8:15 am

Sorry, but Phoenix Emmanuel is awful. Phoenix might be technically unisex but skews male. And Emmanuel is all-male. It irritates me because Emmanuelle is feminine is pronounced the exact same way. Why use the male form?

Azura is lovely.

maggiemary Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 8:56 am

James Knight is rather handsome.

Was won over by Maceo, a big improvement on Nahla, which I have never been able to like.

I have loved Cressida for a long time, I hope it doesn’t go mainstream.

VegasCountryQueen Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 9:49 am

I love Chesney for a girl — of course after Kenny Chesney. :-)

Abby Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 11:09 am

@maggiemary – Nahla has grown on me, but I do agree – I liked Maceo instantly!

Beautiful_Haiku Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 11:25 am

Kenny Chesney, John Lennon and Elvis Presley…. Heroes??? Anyways, I like Cressida, James Knight, and Maceo. I remember a rapper named Maceo… not much became of his career though

EmilyVA Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

I like James Knight. I also like Clancy surprisingly. Is it maybe a tribute to the late Tom Clancy, novelist, who died very recently and very suddenly, at the relatively young age of 66?(Yes I know he’s not that young, but considering how many people I have known who lived to be 80 or older and certainly 70 and older, I would consider that young.)
I certainly see John Lennon as a hero. Maybe Elvis is a sad story of addiction, but not entirely un-admirable. I think a tend to look out for is to see more contemporary legends honored and not just those of long ago.

EmilyVA Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

sorry a trend not tend

strawberrytree Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

I have loved Cressida for a long time. Love Isobel too. I also like James Knight- Knight is a bit out there but balanced well with James. Even though it would usually be not my style, I also like Azura.

Hate, hate, hate Phoenix Emmanuel. I don’t think it is unisex at all- it is straight up male.

NameWeary Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I love Isobel, too, but… as someone with an extremely common name spelled an extremely UNcommon way, I will never do that to a kid.

vlsewell Says:

October 14th, 2013 at 8:14 pm

I was just thinking how I love the spelling Isobel :) and Knox is on my guilty pleasure list.

As for Lennon, I can’t fathom why anyone would name their child after John. He was a domestic abuser and cheated on his wife; a complete hypocrite. Even changing the spelling to Lenin wouldn’t work.

Idk much about Clancy as an author, but I certainly like the name. Reminds me of Chauncey which was on our list of middle names for the boy we’re expecting in December

Beautiful_Haiku Says:

October 15th, 2013 at 2:18 am

How is John Lennon a hero?

tori101 Says:

October 15th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

My favourites are…
James Knight
Knox
Cressida
Isobel Kelly

: )

lalala__lauren Says:

October 16th, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I love Em(m)anuelle and am sad they chose to not use the feminine form! Poor Phoenix’s name seems like her parents picked a name thinking she’d be a boy, then kept it even though she came out a girl :[

Cressida is a character in the Hunger Games books, so I’m not a fan of it while that’s still popular.

lakooby Says:

May 16th, 2014 at 6:36 pm

i keep thinking of jaime as a boys name because of the choice of spelling (pronounced jamie)… but now see that its also very much a girls name! i do love the name…