The Names of Christmas Past: Movie names from Anya Claus to Zuzu Bailey

comments

9 Responses to “The Names of Christmas Past: Movie names from Anya Claus to Zuzu Bailey”

tfzolghadr Says:

December 25th, 2013 at 3:02 am

But I wish you would suggest Clarence! It’s a shame that there aren’t more little Clarences out there… :) I like Augustus, Arthur, Frederick, Miles, and Jefferson. Zuzu would be a cute nn…

sbm602 Says:

December 25th, 2013 at 4:31 am

Actress Mitzi Gaynor is in White Christmas- another seasonal connection for the adorable name!

iamamiam Says:

December 25th, 2013 at 8:01 am

Zazu reminds me of the “Boston Teens” sketch on SNL with Jimmy Fallon and Rachel Dratch

JH Says:

December 25th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Love Frederick. It’s my pick if we have another boy. I also like Arthur.

EmilyVA Says:

December 25th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Lovely Post! I am rather fond of Clarice (Rudolph) and Rose (St. Louis). Alonzo nn Lon is striking me today as a rather dashing choice.

sarahmezz Says:

December 25th, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Some cute names. Although I’d suggest that simply appearing as a character’s name in a Christmas movie doesn’t make a name particularly “Christmassy”.

frankie97 Says:

December 26th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I grew up loving old movies because of my Grandmother’s influence. On Christmas Eve when our family visits her house she always has “It’s a Wonderful Life” “A Christmas Carol” or Meet Me in St. Louis” in her DVD/TV and in the kitchen, Doris Day, Elvis, Andy Williams and Judy Garland playing on her CD player. She always loved them as a kid from her parents too during the holidays, so we just grew up with the oldies during the holidays. I’ve always loved the names Clarice from Rudolph, Clarence from IAWL…..Ester and Tootie from MMSL…and Max from the Grinch. As a matter of fact, when I was 7 I told my Mom that I was going to have twins someday named Clarice & Clarence! :)

tori101 Says:

December 29th, 2013 at 7:32 am

I love Christmas including Christmas movies!

From this list of awesome choices my favourites are…
Anya
Arthur
Audrey
Augustus
Frederick
Miles

: )

Saracita00 Says:

December 29th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I’ve always thought Zuzu was a charming nickname. I have to agree though, a name appearing in a Christmas movie doesn’t really make it particularly “Christmasy” — OR clever.