Thanksgiving Names:From Myles to Maize

comments

11 Responses to “Thanksgiving Names:From Myles to Maize”

blue-moon Says:

November 21st, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I love Alden! Maize seems really cute, maybe a nn? And I know so many Toms.

skizzo Says:

November 21st, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Tom is way too boring to make a comeback, and Thomas is still overused.

I like Ocean but not Oceanus, because of the -anus ending.

I quite like Myles, I definitely prefer the y spelling because Miles to me is just “miles”.

Dantea Says:

November 21st, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I LOVE Peregrine, really like Bartholomew, like Miles, and knew one man named Maize.

alzora Says:

November 21st, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Priscilla and Virginia are on my favorites list, though I would probably just do “Cilla” as a full given name without the “Pris.” I actually came to like Virginia because of its Christmas connection: a little girl named Virginia wrote a letter to a newspaper in 1897 that got the now-famous response, “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus….” Love the idea of Berry in theory, but am concerned the confusion with Barry would be a lifelong hassle. Maize would be a pretty middle name with a longer first name.

heyjudecharlotte Says:

November 22nd, 2012 at 8:49 am

I am actually related to John Alden through my father. Alden is my brother’s middle name.

I love Peregrine, Virginia, and Miles.

dannikelli Says:

November 22nd, 2012 at 8:55 am

I’m related to John Alden and have always toyed with the idea of using Alden if I have a son.

heyjudecharlotte: just read that you are related too, too funny.

dresdendoll Says:

November 22nd, 2012 at 11:36 am

There was a female Peregrine on Bravo’s reality show “Work of Art,” so I think of it as a girl’s name. I like Alden for something different, though I prefer Adler. I love surname names, so I like Smith a lot. Priscilla just makes me think of Presley. I like Virginia because it reminds me of the “Yes, Virginia” letter. Berry is too sweet. And I think Maze is cooler than Maize.

dresdendoll Says:

November 22nd, 2012 at 12:12 pm

And I prefer Thom over Tom…

rollo Says:

November 22nd, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I am over the moon to see that Miles has hit the popularity list at last! What a fabulous name, distinguished, handsome, classic.

When my son was named Miles in 1975 it was practically unheard of, thank goodness people see the magic of Miles now.

It is simply a fabulous name, stand out imo.

rollo

strawberrytree Says:

November 25th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Love Alden and Virginia. I’m not a fan of nicknames as legal names, but I love Thomas nn Tom. Love Barry, but not Berry.

Kibby Says:

November 26th, 2012 at 9:24 am

Love both Peregrine and Virginia!!!!