What To Name Your Summer Baby

comments

21 Responses to “What To Name Your Summer Baby”

Pearl Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 2:08 am

Don’t forget birthstones. : )

June: Pearl {awesome name IMO… but of course, I’m a bit biased. : ) }

July: Ruby {a bit too popular for my taste… but still pretty}

August: Peridot {not exactly my taste… but Perry is sheer coolness!}

Awesome blog post, as always! : )

Madeleine Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 7:39 am

Fun blog post!

I also love Juniper, as an alternative to June and could be a full name for the nickname possibility!

Meredith Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 8:52 am

You forgot Meredith – meaning protector of the sea. (yes, I know that meaning is debated but it’s seldom my name fits into any category, so I am going with it… )

Becca Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 9:08 am

@ Pearl I like the birthstone idea! I am a little biased about Pearl too because it was my gmas mn!

I also like Murphy , Julia (biased again cause I have a niece Julia) , Juliana, Lily, Kai & Sunny!

I like Libby but not a fan of the name Liberty!

Emily28 Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 9:11 am

I am intrigued by Thalassa … pronounced “ta-lassa”??

Any nn suggestions? Don’t think I could use Lassie, even though I do love dogs :)

QuirkFlower Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 9:55 am

Great blog! I did want to point something out, though. The Greek goddess Juno (Hera) actually wasn’t a great role model at all. I would never name a child after her. She had an awful temper and killed/severely punished all the women Zeus cheated on her with. Of course, if you made the comment about her being a good role model sarcastically, and I just didn’t pick up on it, I’m sorry. But I just wanted to point out that she is less than goddessly.

crazycat4904 Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 10:39 am

Kai, Skye, Daisy, Maisie, Ruby, Pearl, Lake, Lily, Lulu, Lula, Sandy, Summer, Somer, Angus, August, Reza, and Sunny. My summer baby’s name is Liam Angus.

http://www.legitbabenames.wordpress.com Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 11:12 am

I have met female Denizs. I believe it is considered Unisex in Turkey.

Emmy Jo Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I’m one who has “dusted off” Julius — I have a five month old son who goes by that name.

I also really like the idea of using straight up July. It would sound great as a middle name, especially. It has the same rhythm as the ubiquitous Marie.

Oh, and thanks to Pearl for remembering the birthstones. Too bad peridot doesn’t work, since it’s my birthstone. But peridot is actually the gemstone form of the mineral olivine, and Olivine would sound great as a girls’ name!

Summer Baby Names (Love This List!) « Shiny Brite Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 1:05 pm

[...] — one born end of July and the other beginning of August. We didn’t strictly choose summer names for them, but we did choose nature-inspired names, which I think have a similar feel. Must be why I [...]

Macy Says:

June 22nd, 2010 at 5:40 pm

for boys I liked River, Leo, Kai, Sky, Sunny and Rocky. August is nice too, and heck, why not the name July for boys? Certainly sounds boyish to me.

Lo Says:

June 23rd, 2010 at 9:21 am

Although the origin is not 100% certain, Teresa (or Theresa or Therese) may derive from the Greek word for summer.

Lisa Says:

June 23rd, 2010 at 9:42 am

Again back to Juniper: what about Geneva (meaning Juniper Tree)?

Elisabeth@YCCII Says:

June 23rd, 2010 at 12:48 pm

I’m kind of shocked at how different our lists are! Love all the water references here. Nerissa, Morwenna and Thalassa are all so beautiful. There was a Pacifique the other day on Ohdeedoh.

Saranel Says:

June 24th, 2010 at 10:17 am

Also there is Cordelia, daughter of the sea.

Elea Says:

June 28th, 2010 at 3:13 pm

Haf (HAV) is a very popular name for girls in Wales – particularly as a middle name – which literally means ‘summer’.

Taylor Made Complete Golf Club Sets | Golfing in New England Says:

July 19th, 2010 at 10:30 am

[...] SUMMER BABY NAMES: From June to August – Baby Name Blog – Nameberry [...]

Evangeline Says:

October 1st, 2010 at 11:12 am

The other name that I love and is a perfect summer name for a boy is Sebastien I think as he was a ruler of the sea it fits pretty well with summer :D

JuliaDrucilla Says:

May 17th, 2011 at 11:54 pm

There are lots more Greek ocean names! There’s Posidon, of course, but there’s also Nereus (old man of the sea) and his 50 daughters, the nereids (Amphitrite and Ione come to mind). Aphrodite rose up out of the sea, so that sort of counts. I’m sure there are many more thet I’ve forgotten.

abeezee Says:

October 31st, 2011 at 7:52 am

I like Cay and Cove for names relating to the sea.

k6martin Says:

May 17th, 2013 at 9:29 am

The name Suvi is also a name meaning summer in Finnish