Names Hot in Hollywood…but nowhere else!

comments

13 Responses to “Names Hot in Hollywood…but nowhere else!”

indiefendi Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 12:43 am

I love Alabama, it’s so cute to me! And also Romy and Dashiell are ones I’d use on my own future kids. I’m shocked Clementine isn’t in the top 1000!

mflannery Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 1:05 am

There are a couple little errors in the section about the name Shepherd, nothing outrageous, but I figured maybe you’d want to know. (sorry if I’m being irritating!)

linda Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 1:11 am

Thanks–Padalecki typo has been fixed.

Giinkies Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 1:31 am

I really like flower names so Poppy is really high up on my list. Everyone knows who Poppy Montgomery is in my family as detective shows are big with us, but still idk if I would ever use it. The teasing potential with Poopy, Puppy, Peepee is all too much for me. Also, I don’t like any of the suggested long forms like Penelope etc…

lizibet2 Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 2:16 am

I live in the UK and I gotta say – there are a fair few on this list that are popular over here :/ I personally know of a Clementine, Tallulah, Mabel, Maxwell and Poppy. Having said that, there are some fantastic names on this list!

klutzy_girl Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 6:22 am

Jared revealed recently that Shepherd is actually his son’s middle name – his full name is actually Austin Shepherd, and they call him Shep.

And I love Tallulah! It’s pretty.

GoodHope Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 8:48 am

I love Mabel, Romy, Caspar, Dashiell, and Shepherd, and I’d be happy to use any of them. I really like Alabama too, but I doubt I’d be brave enough for it.

A friend of mine has a young Tallula(h). It’s not my cup of tea, but I think it works well on a non-starbaby.

southern.maple Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 11:28 am

Um, Maxwell needs to stay far away from the girls’ top 1000.

Alabama – This is on my GP list. It’s loaded with personal and family significance for me. I’d only consider it as a middle name; you really do have to be Shooter Jennings’ daughter to pull it off as a first.
Birdie – I adore this as a nickname. Byrd is a family surname, so I could use it if I put Byrd in the middle spot. :)
Cosima – so very stunning and underused
Mabel – This one has that steel magnolia vibe to it. It’s very sweet too.

Caspar – I’m dying to see this used again. It’s so cool.
Ignatius – This is so bad ass. I like it best as a middle name.
Magnus – I’ve met one! He’s an adorable little blondie.
Shepherd – I really, really like this.

jpruitt76 Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 11:51 am

Romy is a long-time favorite of mine (either as a nn for Rosemary or on its own). I also love Marlo, Cosima, Mabel, Clementine and Tallulah. Birdie and Poppy are sweet, too.

I can’t imagine ever being on board with Maxwell as a girl’s name. I do like Shepherd, Thatcher and Dashiell. The rest of the boy names I’m kind of “meh” on although Casper could grow one me for a little boy.

lesliemarion Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 12:06 pm

How ironic that the really great celebrity-picked names (Birdie, Mabel, Romy, Dashiell, Magnus, Shepherd, etc.) don’t catch on and the ugly, crude, and crass ones seem to more.

_Liesl_ Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I really like Birdie, Magnus, Caspar and Bear, and Hero is a guilty pleasure of mine. So I’m happy they still are undiscovered :)

ruolan Says:

April 8th, 2014 at 7:06 pm

I just came across Orson and it fits this bill too– It is Jason Priestly’s son Dashiell’s middle name. This was a great list.

linda Says:

April 13th, 2014 at 10:25 am

And as of yesterday, we can add Sunday to the list.