Happy Baby Names: Cheery choices for your child

comments

16 Responses to “Happy Baby Names: Cheery choices for your child”

Saranel Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 3:37 am

Haha My favorite names are all over this list. Aurora, Sebastian, Felicity, Asher, & lots more.

Trustedwriter Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 7:24 am

There is also the word name Prosper! – which has such a nice sound and of course would show hope that your child will do well in life. :)

Lola Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 8:13 am

I’ve got a lot of favorites on this list too! Blythe, Leticia (I prefer Laetitia or even Lettice), Felix, Jubal, Margery, Lucy, Polly, Georg(ie), Simon!, Cleo, Dinah, Esmeralda, (Love, Love, Love Esmeralda!), Flora, Violet, Milo, Sebastian and of couse, my ‘R’ boys: Remy, Rex & Rufus!

What a happy, happy list, Thanks so much for making me smile at 8 am! :D

ratty Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 11:10 am

@Trusttedwriter – ooh, I love Prosper! I’m not one to ever use word names as a first, but it would make a stunning middle.

Taz Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 12:58 pm

gioia/joya is so cute! and i had a doll named dinah when i was little, named after alice’s cat in disney’s alice in wonderland!

Tristan Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 2:03 pm

No Alice under the Disney list? :) I get the “Alice in Wonderland” reference all the time with my oldest daughter.

linzybindi Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Oh my so many of my favorite names are here!
For girls

Beatrice – Love this! Which my DH felt the same

Blythe – Our #1 girl choice…if we ever have a girl

Felicity – Would love this for a middle name

Joy – Adorable! I would love to see this instead of Grace

Auden – On my list…my masculine way to honor an Autumn

Lucy – Always adorable and timeless!

Simon – Love this!

Amelia – Stunning

Audrey – On my list…one of my favorites

Violet – My favorite flower/color name

Dashiell – So fun! Love the nn Dash!

Flynn – Thanks to Tangled and Flynn Bloom this name is going to soar!

Gideon – Strong name

Thaddeus – On my boy list!

Amity – beautiful

Honor – my friend’s son is Ethan Honor

Hope – love this

Faith – cute

Verity – really neat

UniqueNameLover Says:

October 7th, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I have Aurora, Belle, Violet, Oliver, Gideon, Isaac, and Esmeralda on my baby name list. And…I have a grandmother named Daisy (sister was Rose), another grandmother named Mary (Merry), and a great-grandmother named Lucille (Lucy), lol.

I love Disney names.

Dearest Says:

October 8th, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I just have to say that I love seeing Bellamy on the boys list :)

skizzo Says:

October 9th, 2011 at 9:34 pm

So tired of seeing Ariel on the girls suggestion, its a MALE name, no matter what Disney thinks! I expect better from Nameberry, seriously.

skizzo Says:

October 9th, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Also, considering how short the boys list is, why not put Tatum and Joy there? Perfectably usable. As is Sunny.

Freya.Thompson Says:

October 17th, 2011 at 2:57 am

i believe girls baby names are cutest. In britain you can have amazing names. Indeed an informative article. I love baby names. You know what i even visit baby names sites and suggest names to my friends and family. I picked Laurell & Larissa from your list. Babynology also helps me to collect my favorite baby names

Crzykell3 Says:

January 16th, 2012 at 12:58 am

Mirabella, its not on the list but its a beautiful name and its a uplifting joyful name that brings a smile to your face every time I say it. Its not a typical name, I have yet to hear of another kid with her name. It can also be broken down into simpler names. I call Mirabella, Mira for short most of the time, while my husband calls her Bell or Bella. Its a great twist to so many of the BELLA names that are so popular right now. It means Wonderful & Beautiful Miracle.

Cairo32 Says:

March 14th, 2012 at 2:48 am

@Skizzo – tell that to the parents of the girl I went to school with 20 years ago (who was born before Disney’s The Little Mermaid was created) – Arielle. Like it or not, Ariel has become a girls name and I LOVE it! I so so SO wanted my first daughter to be Ariel (she ended up Allison instead.)
Lots of boys names are now girls names – Shannon for example.

Norseberry Says:

July 25th, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Selig and Zelig both mean happy. Just discovered these names and I love em! :)

prettiefaerie Says:

March 3rd, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Clementine! Fits as a virtue name and it’s just so sunny, warm and smiley :) DD3 is a Clemetine :)