Celebrity Baby Names: What’s your latest fave?

comments

27 Responses to “Celebrity Baby Names: What’s your latest fave?”

LyndsayJenness Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 12:56 am

Why do I have to sign in through WordPress?

I love Magnolia, Penelope, Juna and Indiana. I would definitely use Penelope myself, it’s been hovering around #3 for a long time now. I go back and forth on whether or not I’d really use Magnolia… probably not. But I love it for a celebrity baby!

I don’t like Saint at ALL!!!!!

BasicSand Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 1:35 am

Agnes – vintage ready for a comeback
Aleph – may have trouble with the pronunciation
Arabella – the whole Ella/Bell(a)/Ariana/Isabella is over
Arthur – royal name that’s underused
Athena – Greek goddess + place name = winner
Bingham (called Bing) – 2nd syllable doesn’t help
Haven – spiritual/place might make this too trendy
Indiana (girl) – state/movie character taken over by girls
Juna – Juno with the O sounds more interesting
Kase – didn’t the Kardashians kill the optional K?
Lark – good bird name but a better bird name would be Wren
Magnolia – 4 syllables that should never become Maggie
Maxine – very indifferent to
Penelope – hipster name that’ll be overused in 10 years
Saint – uh no. consider Bishop instead.
Sky – surprisingly not very high on the SS list = winner

Nook of Names Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 4:44 am

Athena and Penelope very much appeal to my love of all things classical.

Lark and Sky appeal to my love of nature names. Sky, like another nature favorite Willow, is almost getting to the ‘mainstream’ category, which is great as it opens the door to more lovely ‘natury’ names!

Arthur — has too much about it for me not to consider it one of the most wonderful of names.

Agnes — another magnificent old name which I’m glad to see is starting to appear again.

oldsienna Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 6:39 am

I like Arthur (I think I may have actually squealed when I heard this), Juna, Lark and Penelope. I really want to like Agnes and Arabella but I’m just not sure that I do. Kase, Aleph and Saint don’t appeal to me at all.

tct1219 Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 8:52 am

FYI, it let me sign in through the forums and then stay logged in when I came to this page so you might try that if you don’t want to sign in through WordPress.

Agnes- this one continues to grow on me
Aleph- I like it but it’s a little weird when think about the meaning, like naming a kid H or something
Arabella- pretty but I feel like I’ve heard it too much
Arthur- nms
Athena- I like it, went to high school with one
Bingham (called Bing)- I hate the nn Bing and the BB initials
Haven- would never use it but I kind of like it
Indiana (girl)- guilty pleasure for me
Juna- I keep misreading it as Junia
Kase- no
Lark- all I think of is Lisa on Saved by the Bell
Magnolia- love
Maxine- love
Penelope- overused to me
Saint- there’s something intriguing about it but I’m still not sure
Sky- sounds dated

Lola Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 8:54 am

Arthur Saint and Penlope Athena are my favorite recent star babies. Agnes thrills me to my toes & Maxine makes me wanna dance around! Indiana is one I’d use, but ONLY on a boy, I think it’s ugly on a girl. And Bingham’s blah while Bing makes me chuckle. So not or the likes of me.

Marginamia Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 8:59 am

Agnes Lark! I’m profiling Agnes today, actually. Arthur Saint, Magnolia and Juna.

mermuse Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 9:05 am

very upset that Arthur has become a “celebrity” baby name. will be my son’s name, should i ever have one.

love Arabella and Lark. happy to see Penelope, Maxine, Magnolia, and Sky being used, too. I think Maxine could make a comeback….

vicioustrollop9 Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 10:25 am

I really like Penelope, Indiana, and Athena. I really dislike Saint, Aleph, Kase, and Haven. The others I am indifferent.

bluedahlia Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I Love Agnes Lark the most. There are some other nice ones like Penelope Athena, but nothing very inspiring otherwise.

jessesgirl Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I’m a big fan if Agnes right now, I really like the nn Aggie!! I could see myself using Agnes! I also like Juna but I couldn’t see myself using it, plus I have a baby boy named Jude so that wouldnt work anyway! I also like Arabella but will not use it because it’s sisters are too popular! Arthur is kinda cute but probably wouldn’t use it!
I dislike Sky ( never have liked it, no offense ), Lark, Saint ( seems weird for a name )

daisy451 Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Agnes
Aleph
Arabella
Arthur
Athena
Bingham (called Bing)
Haven
Indiana (girl)
Juna
Kase
Lark
Magnolia
Maxine (shown with dad Nick Hexum)
Penelope
Saint
Sky
I absolutely love Athena and Arthur! Truly spectacular! I like Magnolia, Juna, Bingham, Arabella, and Maxine as well. I quite dislike Aleph, after learning more about it. I’m also not a fan of Penelope, though I know most nameberries love it. It’s a shame- I would’ve loved Athena Penelope with Alice Zenobia!

FUNLOL101 Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 6:21 pm

My faavourites are:

Arabella
Haven
Indiana
Lark
Magnolia

Crazy4Jeter Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I adore Haven!!! So cute and pretty! I also really like Magnolia & Arabella!

littlebrownpony Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I love Penelope, Indiana, Magnolia and Lark. Arthur is also growing on me, and I’ve always thought Maxine was kind of cute (Maxi as a nickname, even cuter!) Not a fan of Aleph, Kase, Bingham or Haven.

agirlinred Says:

August 17th, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I love Arthur and Penelope. Arabella, Athena, Indiana, Juna, and Magnolia are lovely choices as well.

moxielove Says:

August 18th, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Agnes — I will never ever find this name attractive. Reminds me of acne.
Aleph — ok
Arabella — too frilly for me
Arthur — too stuffy for me, and forever associated it Dudley Moore. Too bad.
Athena — I like this
Bingham (called Bing) — I only like this b/c of the family connections for the parents, which takes what at first seems an overly hipster name and makes it great.
Haven — love love love this.
Indiana (girl) — No. Have you been to Indiana? Why am I naming my daughter (or son) after it? (sorry!)
Juna — nice
Kase — “meh” turned “ugh!” b/c of the K
Lark — love this. I actually like this for a boy even more.
Magnolia — would be a wonderfully whimsical middle name
Maxine (shown with dad Nick Hexum) — I like this, but would use Simone instead
Penelope — No. Agree with pp who said this will feel dated in 10 years. (and I esp. can’t stand it paired with Athena — 7 syllables before we even get to the last name? Too much!)
Saint — wow, that’s a whole lot to live up to…..
Sky — Love love love this.

spotlightstarlit Says:

August 19th, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I hope Arthur comes back in a big way!

IndianRuby Says:

October 15th, 2011 at 2:21 am

Arthur Saint is amazing. I wouldn’t use Saint up front, but paired with Arthur in the middle I think it’s wonderful. Penelope Athena is the same, though I do like Athena up front. Arabella Rose is my other favourite celeb baby name, along with Alyssa Milano’s Milo Thomas.

I really dislike Aleph, Bingham and Sky, but the rest I think are tollerable. Actually, I really like Haven.

ladybug99 Says:

December 1st, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Athena!!! Contemplating whether I could ever use this on a child. Also, I love Casper for a girl a la Jason Lee and Mattthew Mcconaghy’s Vida…

wishiwereajules Says:

December 28th, 2011 at 5:12 am

Agnes- So cute!
Aleph- I think its good, but it also reminds me of Adolph/Adolf
Arabella- its okay
Arthur- Too much childrens book, not enough king
Athena- LOVE!!! It’s beautiful and works on everyone but a grandmother that bakes cookies. It’s more of a grandma who skydives and jumps out of planes.
Bingham (called Bing)- is he a search engine or a kid?
Haven- I really like this name!
Indiana (girl)- As a state, it may be boring to no end, but it’s got an awesome name. LOVE! (Although it would be useful to think Indiana Jones prior to naming a kid this.)
Juna- no. just no. its horrible
Kase- ick.
Lark- LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! I love nature names
Magnolia- One of my good friends is Magnolia nn Maggie
Maxine- its good
Penelope-ehhhh. Like but much to popular
Saint- football teams now? REALLY?????????? That’s what it sounds like to me.
Sky- I prefer it spelled Skye as a name.

MeghanxChris Says:

February 14th, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Agnes- This Not my style.
Aleph- I Don’t like.
Arabella- I Love this, it a change from Isabella.
Arthur- Not my style.
Athena- It’s okay, but I wouldn’t use it.
Bingham (called Bing)- NO, NO, NO.
Haven- I actually Love this one.
Indiana (girl)- I really like this, but for a BOY and not a girl.
Juna- Eh. I don’t know.
Kase- Really Cute.
Lark- No.
Magnolia- Eh, I don’t like it.
Maxine (shown with dad Nick Hexum)- I actually really like this. I LOVE the nickname MAX for a girl.
Penelope- Not my style.
Saint- No.
Sky- Perfer it as a middle name, with an “E” at the end.

Kenzi Says:

February 29th, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I have a daughter who is named Arabella, and a daughter whose middle name is Skye and whose middle name is Haven.

EmilyGriff Says:

September 3rd, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I am really loving the name Agnes. Makes me categorize it as a spunky name. So adorable and will age very well. Penelope has been a favorite of mine as well but now it’s getting a bit to used, sadly.

Moonstone29 Says:

December 28th, 2012 at 8:13 pm

I really like Penelope and Sky. Penelope because it sounds so classic and pure, I have a friend named Penelope, and as a child she had the cursive nickname Penny, but it’s a beautiful name as you grow. Sky sounds so naturey and pretty, I would name my child that if I could, it sounds so beautiful.

Erin91 Says:

July 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Agnes- This is an old fashioned name that I hope doesn’t make a comeback.
Aleph- Not a fan
Arabella- This is cute for a little girl, but I can’t see an 80 year old lady named this.
Arthur- I use to hate this name, but it’s grown on me. It’s okay.
Athena- LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Bingham- This is better as a last name
Haven- Another favorite!
Indiana- It’s cute for a girl, but I’d never use it.
Juna- I’ve never heard this name. It’s cute!
Kase- Too nickname-y, but it’s okay.
Lark- Don’t like this one. Not feminine enough.
Magnolia- Cute and girly
Maxine- Too old lady-ish
Penelope- I really really do not like this name
Saint- More of a pet name
Sky- I like this on a girl. Cute nickname for Skylar.

KittyMomma246 Says:

December 19th, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Agnes- like it, girl, a classic, pretty, a little old though.
Aleph- meh, boy, sounds like Alex w/a lisp.
Arabella- like it, girl, very pretty & melodic.
Arthur- like it, boy, reminds me of the cartoon character.
Athena- love it, girl, a strong girl’s name, the greek goddess of wisdom.
Bingham (called Bing)- ok, boy, kinda cool, nn is teasable.
Haven- ok, girl, sounds like Heaven, a little bit too stripper name-ish kinda?
Indiana (girl)- like it, girl, couldn’t do it bc of the state name, but I like the sound of it.
Juna- like it, girl, pretty, sounds like June.
Kase- meh, boy?, people would always misspell it w/a C, or think it was Chase or Casey.
Lark- like it, boy?, I like Larkin a bit better I think.
Magnolia- like it, girl, very floral, natural, pretty, elegant, a bit of a mouthful.
Maxine- like it, girl, cute, would rather just name a boy Max.
Penelope- love it, girl, beautiful sound, Penny is a cute nn, or maybe Ellie or Penn.
Saint- meh, boy?, too ironic when he/she makes a mistake… :P
Sky- ok, girl? maybe a boy?, middle name of someone I didn’t like lol, but pretty bc it’s natural & simple.