Bold Baby Names: Jett, Cruz, Carmen and Mercedes

comments

10 Responses to “Bold Baby Names: Jett, Cruz, Carmen and Mercedes”

Mischa Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 8:28 am

The only names I find appealing are Carmen and Luella. Actually, this pair would work quite well for sisters.

Names4real Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 10:31 am

I love Luella Blue.

EmilyVA Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 11:45 am

Shooter is awful. I don’t think it should be even listed as a name. It’s violent ugly word that filled hate. Nameberry and other baby name sites should discourage people from using it. One of the big problems I have with sites like this is that nothing is too outrageous to be considered. Nameberry should not include terrible choices in their database so that people think this is a good idea. I am disappointed Name berry choice to honor these people rather than dismiss them.

Nickelini Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 11:51 am

The first time I heard Blue as a middle name was 1976 when Elijah Blue was born. He is the son of Cher and Greg Allman. At the time it seemed really weird, but it really doesn’t any more.

I agree that Shooter is a truly horrible name. Poor kid.

tori101 Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Carter Seven hmm I’m not sure on number names, love the connection but it’s just I don’t know feels strange to my hears. Still Carter Seven is an okay combination far better than Harper Seven which to me sounds like Half past seven with a Northern English accent.

Luella Blue is gorgeous, I really love the vintage vibe of Luella so elegant and pretty. I also love how Blue sounds with Luella the flow is fantastic. I like Blue but only as middle name, for instance concerning Beyonce and Jay Z child would have loved Ivy Blue but Blue Ivy not my thing.

Jace feels so cowboy I really like it!!

Ugh not a major fan of Katie Price, the birth of baby Jett Riviera has been all over the papers, she used the middle name Riviera because it’s the birthplace of the little boy, not as an international spin on River. Still I think the name she choose for the little lad is rather cute.

Shooter…hmm….yeah…not my thing!!

Carmen is gorgeous! I love Carmen, I know that Carmen is considered unisex and is used commonly in Hispanic/Spanish communities but still in my head Carmen is all girl. I love the combination Carmen Gabriela (prefer Gabriella) really lovely. Carmen is a favourite of mine.

Mercedes, I’m not keen where I am Mercedes is slightly trashy. I would love Mercedes for a little girl of Spanish/Portuguese/Hispanic origins and that’s it. I’m probably sounding ignorant but for me if the girl isn’t from a Spanish/Portuguese speaking family that family named her Mercedes because of the car which is awful.

Jaxon yeah understand the hype the ‘x’ livens Jackson up but still prefer Jackson.

Cruz I really like Cruz as a middle name. A combination like Alexander Cruz or Nathaniel Cruz is cool.

rainierloner Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I absolutely LOVE these– Jaxon, Cruz, Jett, Carter, Blue, Luella, and Jace. Shooter is too gun- ish for me, and Mercedes would only be cute with the nn Mercy.

Luella and Blue together just doesn’t sound right to me. Maybe it’s because they both have the “u” sound in them…

I thing Jaxon Cruz sounds really good together, too.

Lastly, I don’t like Carter Seven. I don’t like that they both have two syllables and are about the same length.

rainierloner Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Oh, and Carmen is cute, too. But, I do prefer Camilla. :)

littlebrownpony Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I looooooove Carmen.

misskendra Says:

August 26th, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Jace is actually super popular here. My brother is 13 and I know 2 others his age and have heard it on plenty of kids younger than them. I love Jett! Not impressed with the girls names

KateMP91 Says:

August 27th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Cruz will always be one of my favorites…sadly, where I am from, it would be VERY strange to name a Caucasian child Cruz. Same rule goes for Mercedes. I’m all for unusual, but it would be on the uncomfortable side of unusual.

Luella Blue is 110% my style. Slightly offbeat classic connected to a modern noun name! LOVE…this combo is just too sweet!

Shooter is just bad***! It’s almost too cool. Names ending in -er are entirely out of the question though, they don’t work with the surname at all.

Carter and Jaxon are WAY too common. I know so many. Jace has a similar problem, except it feels like it will be dated, as well. Most of the Jace’s I know are around 20 years old…

Jett is okay. It just seems a little dull…maybe on a girl it would be a bit more spicey, but I’m not sure I would like it then.

Seven is great, but only when there is a good story/meaning behind it.

I do like Carmen. It used to be on my list, but only for a middle.