waltzingmorethanmatilda Berry Juice profile image

Baby Names from Books: 6 choice choices for boys

posted by: waltzingmorethanmatilda View all posts by this author

comments

7 Responses to “Baby Names from Books: 6 choice choices for boys”

Titus245Mama Says:

November 22nd, 2013 at 12:33 am

My nine year old son campaigned hard for Caspian for his baby brother. He’s a huge Narnia fan. As it turns out, the name we decided on, Matthias, is the moniker of the hero from the Redwall series that is popular among his friends. He started reading the first book just a few weeks before baby was born. I panicked for a half-second when I contemplated naming our son after a literary mouse. Then I decided that he was a positive character, and that most people would still, rightly, think we had named him after the apostle. You should have seen my big kid’s friends’ eyes light up when they heard his baby brother’s name, though…

BabyNameCrazy95 Says:

November 22nd, 2013 at 10:26 am

I knew Caspian would gave to be on there I also love Dexter and Rhett x

Mischa Says:

November 22nd, 2013 at 10:49 am

Dorian and Caspian are my favourites on this list. Dexter is ok too but I think a little more time will have to go by before I get the serial killer character out of my head.

spotlightstarlit Says:

November 22nd, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Caspian, Heathcliff & Rhett are all on my list!

CandaceMarie321 Says:

November 22nd, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Let’s see a serial killer, a murderous playboy, and a sadistic ex-lover who kidnaps and threatens the children of his dead beloved…
Even Rhett is a cad and an abusive husband.
Nice names but I would hardly look to these characters for inspiration for my son’s name.

shieldsc Says:

November 22nd, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I agree with CandaceMarie! Though I do love Caspian. If I’m going to name my child after a character, I would want it to be a character I admire not just any literary character with a nice name.

KateMP91 Says:

November 23rd, 2013 at 11:14 am

I love Huckleberry. So much!

From books I have read, and characters I love, I would choose the name Cornelius…but, sadly, I do not like that name.