Baby Names 2013: 14 top trend predictions

comments

17 Responses to “Baby Names 2013: 14 top trend predictions”

klcalder2 Says:

November 16th, 2012 at 9:03 am

I have found myself waning on loving double ‘l’ names, but I’ll always love Lily/Lillian. And I suppose it’s not surprising that names are gravitating to quite long or very brief.

On Nameberry, there seem to be two major camps on nicknames: those who want none at all (so they use a name with little to no nn options, such as these short monikers) and those who want a longer name with many options. I’m sure that idea is far more wide spread than just our community.

linelei Says:

November 16th, 2012 at 10:07 am

Wow, a lot of my favorite names and name types are on this list, like god/goddess names, meaningful place names, quirky word names for middles, winter names, and Primrose. They’re names I’ve loved since I was a teen or before, though, so I guess I’m just ahead of the trends! ;)

dayjoysky2815 Says:

November 16th, 2012 at 10:11 am

I have definitely loved Etta for years. Surprised it is finally getting some attention. Like the previous poster, I believe I tend to be ahead of the trends.

tk. Says:

November 16th, 2012 at 10:17 am

Sigh. If only DH would read these posts, I think some of my more “out there” suggestions might be seen as right on trend.

UniqueNameLover Says:

November 16th, 2012 at 11:17 am

Gah! I can’t believe Persephone is getting popular. Grr….

catloverd Says:

November 16th, 2012 at 11:44 am

A lot of these make sense with what I have been seeing, especially the lion one, there are a ton of Leo’s now. And the quirky middle names, which I’m not a fan of. I’m glad my names aren’t on the trend, although they might be when we finally have kids!

rollo Says:

November 18th, 2012 at 12:42 am

Interesting blog, though I wish that you listed all the names first as it is SO slow to download the photos and then read the next part of the blog.

Tendências de nomes de bebê para 2012 | Mãe a mil Says:

November 18th, 2012 at 9:34 am

[...] achei recentemente esta lista de 14 tendências de nomes de bebês para 2012 (em inglês). Recomendar: Esse post foi publicado em Comportamento, Gravidez e marcado escolhas, [...]

mariahsweet Says:

November 23rd, 2012 at 12:17 am

I know a little girl named Nettle!

Goodkarmavt Says:

November 24th, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I am still blown away as I read this for the 4th time that Leopold is a “good option” !? I NEVER would predict that the clunky, under dog of a name I picked last year would be trendy in 2013! Gah!

Zapwater Blog – 2013 Trend Predictions – Oh, Baby…What a Name! Says:

December 19th, 2012 at 4:55 pm

[...] arriving in 2013, some of the top parenting/baby sites  and unique online baby naming guide  Nameberry, are forecasting that, for girls, romantic names, like Aria or Angelique, as well as gender-bending [...]

Baby Names 2013: Future starbabies and more – Baby Name Blog – Nameberry Says:

December 29th, 2012 at 11:53 pm

[...] Popular Posts Baby Names 2013: 14 top trend predictions [...]

Middle Names That Deserve A Promotion | Upswing Baby Names Says:

March 13th, 2013 at 5:34 am

[...] middle-name characteristics put them in an up-and-coming genre according to Nameberry. For their top 14 trend predictions for 2013, Nameberry cites really long and really short names as the “next name [...]

GigiGibbons Says:

April 9th, 2013 at 8:40 am

I thought Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr named their son Rocky James?

Famous Name: Thor | Waltzing More Than Matilda Says:

April 17th, 2013 at 12:10 am

[...] with other mythological names), and at the end of last year, told us that Scandinavian would be the ethnic name group most likely to rise in popularity. Meanwhile Abby’s Nameberry Nine this week pointed out that [...]

North West: Behind Kim and Kanye's baby name – Nameberry – Baby Name Blog Baby Name Blog – Nameberry Says:

June 21st, 2013 at 8:08 am

[...] Nameberry predicted North to be one of the major trend names of 2013 back in November, along with related names such as Winter, January, and Snow.  And in recent polls, 85% of our readers prefer the name North to South, which has been used even less frequently as a first name. [...]

ashlielewis Says:

July 23rd, 2013 at 10:32 am

I have to say – i seriously doubt any of the names on this list will actually become ‘popular’