August Baby Names: Augustus, Austin & Gus

comments

9 Responses to “August Baby Names: Augustus, Austin & Gus”

Eglantine Says:

August 2nd, 2010 at 12:55 am

August as a boy’s name seems extremely popular among nameberries on the forum – I love it. My favourite nickname for August is Augie, like Augie March.

olivegreen Says:

August 2nd, 2010 at 12:19 pm

I have really started to love August! How popular will it become, do you think? The number of starbabies named August does concern me a bit…

braveangel2 Says:

August 2nd, 2010 at 1:43 pm

I recently discovered my love of the name, August. I’m an August-born with an A noun for a name, and this fits my naming style perfectly. I worry about the popularity too, but it’s certainly no Aidan.

mammamia Says:

August 2nd, 2010 at 2:07 pm

LOVE August!

phoebesmom Says:

August 2nd, 2010 at 2:36 pm

I am really not fond of the nickname “Gus,” but after re-reading and re-watching Lonesome Dove, I am loving Augustus.

L Says:

August 2nd, 2010 at 5:53 pm

I’ve recently been thinking about using the names August or Augusta, in honor of my great-grandfather Augustine nn Augie!! I’m not really fond of Augustine/Augie, but I think August is a great more modern alternative.

kalstin Says:

August 2nd, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I have always disliked unisex names, but found myself having to use one when we lost a baby in early pregnancy before we knew the sex. I decided on August Wild (my great grandfather’s middle name followed by my father in law’s middle name ) because the baby would have been born in August. I think this is a beautiful name for a boy or a girl.

Macy Says:

August 4th, 2010 at 1:00 am

Casey Affleck welcomed a SON, Indiana August, not a girl. Do your homework before posting a lie…

Ann Says:

August 4th, 2010 at 5:11 pm

My daughter’s name is Augusta and it’s perfect. So many people have different nicknames for her – Gussie, Gusta, Gussa, Augie, Gus Gus (my personal favorite). I really hope it doesn’t become popular at all.