Alice, George & Charlotte: At Home in Hollywood or Buckingham Palace

comments

12 Responses to “Alice, George & Charlotte: At Home in Hollywood or Buckingham Palace”

JH Says:

July 21st, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I love Alice, Helena, Mary, and Charlotte. They all were on my list if I had had a girl (I just had a baby boy 2 months ago). Frederick is at the top of my list if we have a second boy and I am beginning to like Arthur. My sister just had a Charles and my brother just had a William. I majored in history in college and British history is by far my favorite, so I like most of these names. :-)

sarahmezz Says:

July 21st, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Now these are some of my favourite names! I love them all. My particular favourites are Charlotte, Mary, Beatrice, Helena, Alice, Adelaide, Henry, James George, Edward, William, Arthur and Frederick. And, yes, I realise I just listed nearly all of them! Gorgeous.

BasicSand Says:

July 22nd, 2013 at 12:34 am

My latest guess for the royal heir if he is a boy would be George William Arthur Charles.

Mcdonak1 Says:

July 22nd, 2013 at 6:35 am

Frederik and Mary are the crown prince and princess of Denmark, right? I know that they are not as high profile, but does it make sense that they would avoid those names for that reason? They also have a child, Princess Isabella. I’ve wondered the same about Victoria, since she will be queen of Sweden someday (I think? My memory is fuzzy about all of these).

I’m hoping for a Princess Adelaide, personally, although Alice would also be lovely. I hadn’t thought about Helena, but that would also be a nice pick… and boy, would I be happy that I hadn’t chosen it, since it was on my number 1 pick for a while there.

Haannahh Says:

July 22nd, 2013 at 9:47 am

My favorite girl name is Charlotte, I typically love unquie names but Charlotte is my exception. And so excited Kate’s in labor!

southern.maple Says:

July 22nd, 2013 at 10:41 am

I like Alice and Helena, although I prefer Helen over Helena. I like Mary in theory, but my family pronounces it “may-’ree” in a thick Southern drawl so… no.

The boys’ list is much more up my alley. George and Edward are two of my absolute favorites. I also like James, Charles, Arthur, and Frederick.

Abby Says:

July 22nd, 2013 at 4:04 pm

The prince has arrived! So that eliminates half of the list …

Waiting for the official name announcement.

WaltzingMoreThanMatilda Says:

July 22nd, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Well now it’s a boy as heir, I could really go for a Princess Alice for the next one! (As soon as Prince Harry started telling everyone it was a girl, I had my doubts …)

Can’t help wishing for a Frederick, but for some reason it just doesn’t seem likely to me. I would love George, but everyone says it is going to be George, and everyone said it was going to be a girl, and that was wrong, so who knows. George also reminds me of the idiot prince in Blackadder – I hope William and Catherine haven’t watched too many re-runs ….

Haili73 Says:

July 22nd, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I’m loving Prince Arthur…not gonna lie. One day he’ll grow up to King Arthur. :) Though Philip isn’t bad, but that might be the Disney freak in me coming out. ;)

Madelyn Says:

July 23rd, 2013 at 9:55 am

I always thought it was odd that Sean Astin has an Elizabeth and an Isabella but to each their own. Another fun fact about his kids is they each have Louise as a middle name.

mge28 Says:

July 23rd, 2013 at 6:32 pm

My favorites from each list:
Alice
Beatrice
Mary

George
Henry
James

MissElizabeth Says:

July 24th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

It won’t be Frederick. Frederick Windsor and his wife are fairly public figures. And then there’s the Crown Prince of Denmark as someone above noted.

I’d love to see a post about names already in use by the Will and Kate’s contemporaries.
Denmark: Mary and Frederik have Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine
The Netherlands: Willem-Alexander and Maxima have Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane
Norway: Haakon and Mette-Marit have Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus