Many modern parents use Theo as the short form for Theodore rather than the dated Ted--including some celebs, such as Dallas Bryce Howard-- but others bypass the Grandpa name Theodore entirely and skip right to the hip nickname Theo. Short and ultra-chic, Theo's a cool, contemporary baby name choice.
Theo first made an impact as the name of the only son on "The Cosby Show," earlier it was associated with Vincent Van Gogh's supportive brother Theo.
Theo is currently having a burst of popularity in Europe, ranking in the Top 50 in Germany, France, Sweden and Norway. Although not quite so popular in the US, Theo has risen more than 500 ranks in the last five years and now ranks in at Number 408.
Lists containing Theo:
- Two-Syllable Baby Names
- If You Like Nicholas, You Might Love...
- Boy Names Trendier Than You Think
- The O Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Nicknames for Boys
- Hipster Baby Names
- Prince Names
- Vintage Baby Names for Boys
- Vintage Nicknames for Boys
- Boy Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Cool Vintage Baby Names
- If You Like Max, You'll Love.....
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names