Many modern parents use Theo as the short form for Theodore rather than the dated Ted--including some celebs, such as Dallas Bryce Howard-- but others bypass the Grandpa name Theodore entirely and skip right to the hip nickname Theo. Short and ultra-chic, Theo's a cool, contemporary baby name choice.
Theo first made an impact as the name of the only son on "The Cosby Show," earlier it was associated with Vincent Van Gogh's supportive brother Theo.
Theo is currently having a burst of popularity in Europe, ranking in the Top 20 in Sweden, France and Belgium--and 2011 was the second year Theo made it into the U.S. Top 1000. Now it's at Number 666, up over 130 points this year alone with every indication of moving higher.
Lists containing Theo:
- Two-Syllable Baby Names
- If You Like Nicholas, You Might Love...
- Boy Names Trendier Than You Think
- The O Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Nicknames for Boys
- Hipster Baby Names
- Prince Names
- Vintage Baby Names for Boys
- Vintage Nicknames for Boys
- Boy Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Cool Vintage Baby Names
- If You Like Max, You'll Love.....
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names